[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Returning to the fold

Returning to the fold

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Returning to the fold

Postby Nellyphant » Wed May 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Hi all

Haven't been on here for a LONG time. So long I had to change my avatar picture as I'm considerably smaller since then. I've really been struggling with excrutiating pain and extreme exhaustion. I need some more support and to know I'm not alone in this fibro hell.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Re: Returning to the fold

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:46 am

Hi x We probably havent met as I havent been on long. Sorry to hear of your pain and exhaustion hun x Must be really tough :( Thankfully I feel better than I was a few months ago. Are you taking anything for the pain? Are you able to rest when you can? X
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Thu May 29, 2014 10:39 am

Hi Theresa

I've just had my codeine doubled by my GP after I finally had a meltdown in front of him (I like to keep a British stiff upper lip!). So I take co-codomol, codeine, ibuprofen, amitriptyline and duloxetine for the fibro. I have an appointment at the end of June for a Chronic Fatigue clinic but after a phone consultation with them last month they are 90% sure they will diagnose me with CFS as well as Fibro. I'm off to the physio tomorrow as they had a cancellation about my arms/wrists and I'll talk to them about walking aids again too. Feeling very fed up of life at the moment. My husband starting working away from home in March and it has been very difficult for me as we have no family near us (4 hours away) so I don't have a great support network.

Sorry, I sound like such a moaner......................
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 29, 2014 12:37 pm

Aww hun x My rheumy nurse suggested at our last appointment about trying Pilates to help strengthen my body. She believes this will truly help me. And from what I've read, it's very good for fibro suffers. I will be trying this next week probably, at home. I did start seeing a physio but I didn't find her the nicest of people. She couldn't even be bothered to make our next appointment, just said (on leaving) book next app whenever I'm free! Then I saw my nurse and I thought, I will try Pilates instead. I get pains in my wrists too but it's not all the time thankfully.

It's got to be hard with hubby going to work away. Hard for any couple to be separated x Hopefully your physio is more understanding and can help you more x Do you have any other health conditions or only fibro?
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Thu May 29, 2014 1:57 pm

IBS since I was 4, insomnia from age 9 and migraines from age 7.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 29, 2014 2:07 pm

Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu May 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi Nellyphant :welcome: back just wish it wasnt cos you are feeling so bad hope things start to pick up for you soon :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 30, 2014 12:05 am

:welcome: back :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: Nice to see you back with us, just wish it was nicer circumstances for your return :( :( :( Your new avatar is quite a change from the one you had before :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I've added the CFS/ME card to my collection since FM, initial dx was made by my GP, and a referral to CFS Service confirmed things at an assessment. From being referred to them, I was able to undergo a number of sessions over about 6 months that I found really helpful. With them taking place so close to being dx'd, I found it helped accepting this latest addition to my collection that bit easier. Recovering pacing skills and learning to factor fatigue into the mix along with the hurtys all helped with managing and living with these now constant companions.

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: with your appt, both with the physio and the CFS Clinic :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Hopefully you'll be able to access some additional help and support thru them that can help improve things for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello