New world for me...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New world for me...

Postby V_Eeyore » Thu May 29, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi,

I'll try and keep this short as I don't want to repeat what lots of people have already said.

Firstly I would like to thank you for this amazing forum, as much as I was in floods of tears reading through some of your posts it helped me to know that I am not the only one and I am not loosing my mind (well not completely).

I have not yet got a diagnosis of FM so I didnt really feel right posting here but I am desperate for some help.
My Doctor is completely useless and after 5years of trying to push for tests and getting nowhere with 'normal' results, being told its all in my head and I'm faking it for attention, (there I go again with the tears). My new doctor told me I shouldnt be wasting his time with this and to come back if I actually had a problem.

I am really struggling, between the constant pain, the memory problems, muscle weakness and exhastion I cannot fight with them anymore. My boss has said that if I can't pull myself together in the next week he will have to let me go.

Everything has fallen apart, maybe I am just loosing my mind.

Sorry for rambling on.
V_Eeyore
UKFM Member

Re: New world for me...

Postby Lindilou » Thu May 29, 2014 3:04 pm

V_Eeyore,

Sorry to say this but your doc is disgusting. Can you see another doc at your GP practice? :nono: It is his job to look after your health.
Failing that is there another GP practice in your area? You need to be referred to a consultant surely. If he refuses I would speak to the medical board in your area.

We are all here for you :hugs: :grouphug:
Lindilou

Postby denys » Thu May 29, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, look for another doctor as the 2 you have had need to help you whether that leads to a diagnosis of FM or not, they still need to get to the bottom of your problems.

You also could do with a doc who will help you regarding work, if you are not well enough to go to work then you need a fit to work note from the doctor.
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 29, 2014 11:47 pm

Sorry to hear how things are with the unsupportive GPs and boss. As has already been mentioned, finding another GP does seem to be your next step. You could try contacting other surgeries in your area to see if they have any patients with FM, CFS/ME or other similar conditions registered. If they do, then see if there is a particular GP that tends to see people with such conditions, and take things from there.

Wrt to your boss, are you a member of a union or staff association~type of organisation?? If so, then you might want to consider seeking some advice from your rep about your work situation. If you don't have a union membership, you could try contacting one of the support organisations such as Citizens Advice. Even if they are unable to help you, they could have details of someone who can help you with this problem.

I understand how it seems that everything is falling apart around you at the moment, I have been in a similar position on a few occasions over the years :( :( :( :( Even when things seem to be at their bleakest, quite often there is a way thru it. It may seem impossible to find at first, but with some guidance and support, it is possible to start finding those bits where things are a little lighter and brighter, and once you find the first few, it makes it that touch easier to start spotting the rest of them and make your way thru to the other side.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby V_Eeyore » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:50 pm

Thank you sooooooo much for those supportive words!

I have an appointment with the last doctor in my practise to see if they are any better, if not I will have to start looking elsewhere.

I have had years of being told its all in my head and i'm only doing for attention which seemed ludicrous as it had the complete oppisite effect. However I am starting to believe them, I think I am just tired of fighting.

As for the work situation, I am not part of any organisation like that but I think citizen's advice might be the way to go.

Again thank you all very much, I think you are the first people that havent just called me lazy or told me to 'get a grip'.
V_Eeyore
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello