Hello from Kidderminster

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from Kidderminster

Postby Gemski » Thu May 29, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I've just been diagnosed with fibro after 11 1/2 months of feeling very rubbish but from what I gather this is a fairly speedy diagnosis compared to a lot of you so I'm very grateful for this! I'm bring put on a fibro hydrotherapy course in Worcester soon which I'm looking forward to and the hospital have let me borrow a TENS machine which I'm sussing out!

If anyone else is in Worcestershire and knows of a support group that is good let me know as i would love to speak to people who understand what's going on. My husband is supportive in his own way and my work colleagues and friends have been fab but I always get the feeling that they're just waiting for me to be miraculously cured!

If you want to know anything then just ask!
Gemski
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from Kidderminster

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 29, 2014 7:36 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Gemski :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Compared to what a lot of others have experienced, yours was a pretty short and speedy dx time, sounds like you had some relatively decent people along the way, which is what you need :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Hydrotherapy can be beneficial for some, for others tho, the effects may be much less helpful, so when it starts, try to go with an open mind and just try to get the most you can from it. Even the smallest gain/benefit is a step in a far better direction. Same with the TENs machine. For some of us, incl myself, Mr TENsy can be like a BFF, whereas for others it may feel like it is more of a mortal enemy. When you try the TENs machine, starting off with settings pretty low, then gradually increasing them until an effective level on a suitable program is found tends to be might be the way to go, as starting things off at too high a level can be very uncomfortable and unpleasant.

This linky takes you to the Support Groups page on the main UKFM site. If there isn't anything showing in your area, asking Mr Googley is another option. As well as asking him about FM, using things such as CFS/ME and/or invisible illnesses can help as it's not unusual for a group to have members with a number of different illnesses/conditions.

It sounds like you have the right sort of people supporting you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: The waiting for the magical cure thing tends to happen quite a lot as, for some, the fact that there isn't a cure for FM, just management of the condition, can be difficult to understand or accept.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hello from Kidderminster

Postby denys » Thu May 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi Gemski and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello