Another Male for the forum

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another Male for the forum

Postby philj68 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick introduction, my name is Phil 46 year old married man living in South Wales.

Have been reading this great forum for sometime now and finally decided to join and give the other guys on here another male to add to their numbers.

Well I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia around 6 months ago now, I know the trigger for my introduction to this horrible condition was my Rheumatoid Arthritis that I was diagnosed with some 15 years ago now. Imagine my horror when visiting my Rheumatologist to be told that my bloods for RA were ok to then be told that the pain I was now suffering from was indeed Fibro. Hey can't get a break in life sometimes can you? Have to be honest the pain I am now getting from the Fibro is worse than I had from RA and seems to affect every part of me, as the medical profession seems to know little about the condition the small leaflet I was given gave very little relief. So a big thanks to all the posters on here for making me realise I am not alone in this fight. I am currently on Morphine for the pain which enables me to get in touch with the Zombie side of me but still does little to blight most of the pain.

Currently I walk like a man twice my age and whenever going out I have to have my wonderful wife push me around in a wheelchair (God I hate the stares you get as if you have just landed from Mars) Still it gives my Wife control over me so she doesn't mind :-?

It is hard as I am sure you will mainly all agree to stay positive but even if I achieve just one thing everyday then its a day I see as being worthwhile. Now I must go as I have a date with the Hoover and while the Morphine has quelled the pain in my shoulders i am gonna take full advantage of it and push the Dyson around the house until I can push no more........Take care all.
philj68
UKFM Newbie

Re: Another Male for the forum

Postby denys » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi Phil and :welcome: to the forum hope the dyson behaved and didnt add to your discomfort :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello