[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - just been told i have fibro

just been told i have fibro

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

just been told i have fibro

Postby bel » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:18 pm

hi im bel
ive just been told I have fibro, ive developed a few more symptoms, just wondering if these are normal, my legs keep giving way on me and getting pain in my jaw, do the symptoms get worse over time or do they basically stay the same, as im new to this any help would be welcome.
bel
UKFM Newbie

Re: just been told i have fibro

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi hun x I was diagnosed with fibro in Feb this year after on off symptoms since last year. Got really really bad in Jan this year. I was diagnosed by my rheumatologist who sees me for arthritis. I havent had any problems with my legs giving way but my thighs tend to go through phases of aching quite a lot for a few days at a time. My jaw has always been clicky and sometimes like now it hurts to yawn. Got to be careful as when my mouth is too wide it feels like I've pulled a muscle in my jaw. My pain is on the right side.

A lot of people on here deal with their fibro differently. I was pretty bad but a few months on I feel so much better! My vitamin D was very low and I wasn't sleeping properly. Now both are being sorted out, I feel great. I make sure i move as much as possible and recently started doing Pilates and cardio on the Wii. I use a positive attitude towards firbromyalgia. My saying is, I have fibro, fibro doesnt have ME. I am a very stubborn person and sometimes that stubbornness does me a big favour lol. I was so depressed and in pain a few months ago. Walking with a cane a few times a week, eating painkillers like sweets etc. I take maybe one or two painkillers a day and no longer struggle to walk. I still get the odd back spasm that hurts like hell and sometimes I will still get hip pain and other aches that hurt. But I usually feel ok the next day. I'm not giving into this. Fight fight fight :-D
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby LYNPI » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi Bel. Sorry to hear about the pain in your jaw. I too had pain but it was actually due to me grinding my teeth at night (the dentist mentioned this). Well a mouth guard really helped but via the dentist was very expensive. I actually found the same product on Amazon where they supply you with the necessary moulding material :scream-1: and after sending back the mould, they provide you with a mouth guard. This has stopped the pain and also saved my teeth :mrgreen:

Hope this helps you.
Take care
LYNPI
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi Bel and :welcome: to the forum I have moved you into here with it being your first post and hopefully you will get lots of advice :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby bel » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:49 am

Thanks Theresa, Lynpi and Denys for your words of encouragement and advice, I had never heard of fibro before being diagnosed I actually thought I was going mad, this forum has helped me a lot to understand what fibro is and how people do cope. A BIG THANKYOU TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE POSTED ON HERE, you have helped one lady come to terms and realise im not on my own .xx
bel
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:16 pm

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:21 am

:welcome: to our little escape from it all bel :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Like you. many people haven't heard of FM until they are dx'd with it. It was the same for me, I was told I had it, then given a leaflet about it and shuffled out of the Rheumy's room. It was only thru doing my own research that I found out more about the condition, as well as finding my way here :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

It's good to hear that you're already getting a lot from what has been posted across the boards, and you're very definitely not alone with this condition now that you've become part of our FibroFamily :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything that you're wondering about, just ask, and we'll try and help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello