Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Parsnips » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:03 am

Hi everyone, thought I'd make use of the time seeing as sleep is evading me and introduce myself on the forum.

My name is Catherine, I am 40, live in Warrington and was diagnosed with Fibro in around September of last year after suffering for 2 years prior to that.

The first rheumatologist I saw was quite dismissive and other than telling me I was double jointed, told me that there was nothing wrong. Luckily, I have a very thorough and understanding GP who was not happy with the result and referred me for a second opinion at a different hospital.

I was first prescribed Amitriptyline (had already been taking Naproxen for some time due to raised inflammation levels), however, it didn't agree with me and was moved onto Duloxetine. Aside from making me feel nauseous it had no effect and offered no relief from my symptoms. I am currently being "weaned off" the Duloxetine with a view to trying something else. Hopefully it will be third time lucky!

I started having acupuncture at the end of last year, and although it offered some relief, for me it was short lived. I am now trying the Osteopath route as recommended by a "friend of a friend" who has the condition and although the treatment itself is a little painful, I am thinking "no pain-no gain"

The thing I struggle most with is my own stubbornness (not that I would admit that to my husband or friends!) - I am trying to accept that on some days I can't perform tasks that were once easy and need to listen to my body instead of carrying on and suffering later!

All in all, I am trying to remain positive and learn how to manage the symptoms - there are people in a far worse situation than I am.

Bye for now.

Catherine
Parsnips
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby denys » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi Catherine and :welcome: to the forum you seem to be in a good place and you are right, listen to your body, baby steps, all the way
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello