Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Lanzon92 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:01 am

I'm Jade, I'm 21, I'm currently at uni studying Law.

I was diagnosed with CFS 5 years ago and have just been also diagnosed with fibromyalgia this week.
I try and get on with my studies, but having both CFS and fibro, it makes it difficult, I've had to have miss quite a few days, but I am lucky enough to have some lecturers who understand, but not all.

My sleep pattern is all over the place, the only time I do manage to sleep is in the morning, which can cause some problems socially and personally.

When I was younger I was into all types of sports, I would always be running, but these days, I can just about get up the stairs, even then I have to stop and sit down because of the pain and on a bad day it's quite exhausting.

Luckily my mum understands fully, she converted a room downstairs to be my bedroom with an en suite. She helps me in any way she can when I am suffering.
I joined this website to get to know other people that has the same as me, it makes it easier to speak to others who know what it is like.

When I was younger the doctors were very reluctant to give me any meds because of my age, but since then I've tried many types of things and still trying to find something that will work for me, I've had some success in the past, but after a few weeks they stop working because I got used to them.

I have tried the CFS clinic but we didn't really get on, I was assigned to see a physiotherapist but we done no physio whatsoever, they then told me that unless I quit uni and do nothing all day, they can't help me. Even though uni can tire me out and I can't have much of a social life, I don't want to quit, it's something I've wanted to do since I was 8, because I didn't quit uni, the CFS clinic dropped me.

That's my story so far, just taking each day as it comes
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lanzon92
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:35 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily Jade :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Good for you, not packing uni, if you can keep going, then that's what you should do. I'm rather stunned that the CFS Clinic said that you should quit, most clinics/depts and people I've come across encourage people to carry on doing things for as long as they can, and when difficulties do arise, see what help is available to enable to them to carry on. Had that happened to me, I would have dropped the CFS Clinic before they had the chance to do that to me. Another example of how different services are between the same sort of clinics in different areas. I also have CFS, and my experiences with the CFS Clinic/Service in my area was completely different, the people were great, lots of encouragement, support and advice, and when things did go a bit wonky, help in identifying where it had happened, and what to do to try and improve things.

Our FibroFamily is make up of all sorts of people, and we share our experiences, thoughts and feelings with the hope that there will be something helpful that others can take away from them and use to make things a little more manageable for themselves. We try to support each other thru the times that leave you feeling :cry: :cry: :cry: and :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: and when someone has some nice news to share, we like to join in with the :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Have a bit of a looky and a read as you find your way around the place, you may come across some useful suggestions to try out. Anything you're wondering about, just ask. With the number of people on here, it doesn't tend to take too long for someone to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with a reply :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi Jade and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Lanzon92 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:41 pm

Thank you [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
Unfortunately, I am not the only one in my area that have problems with the CFS clinic.
They wouldn't allow me to join the group service because they said because I am taking their advice to quit uni, they don't want me to encourage others and that it would be a waste of time, there are no other support groups in my area for CFS and/or fibro, I am thinking of starting one in the future.
I found this site yesterday and everyone has been really helpful, glad I found it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lanzon92
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello