[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - just saying hello

just saying hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

just saying hello

Postby mojito » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi thought time I introduced myself. I've been lurking and reading the forum for a while. Diagnosed last summer but only coming out now as it were as finally decided to cut my hours at work and tell my employer.

I'm 44 and live in Cornwall with my husband, have a teenager who has just moved out to live with the bf. So now have a clean . tidy and quiet house lol.

I was doing ok last year but things have been on a downward spiral since Christmas, at 1st thought just over done it a bit but sadly was not the case. Finally went back to Dr a month ago and admitted not coping very well and was feeling very down. Increased dosage of Amitriptlyne from 10 -50mg.
Feeling brighter and more in control but still struggle with the pain.
Am determined to try and stay positive and keep fighting
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into and made paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
mojito
UKFM Newbie

Re: just saying hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:08 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily mojito :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear things have changed and you have had to cut your hours at work. Now your employer is aware of your situation tho, hopefully it will mean that, should they be needed, additional changes/adjustments can be put in place to help you carry on in your role for as long as possible :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Knowing how much getting thru each day can take out of us, being able to carry on working is a huge achievement :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You'll find lots of info on here, as well as understanding and support, and we also like to :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: whenever someone shares something :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try and help you with an answer :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Hi Mojito and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby mojito » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:25 pm

thank you for the warm welcome.
Having a good couple of days, being in Cornwall in the sunshine helps 8-)
Alongside dropping a day I also have the two days of together and this has made a huge difference. Being able to get out on my day off and see friends has also helped as was starting to feel very low.
I have found your site so informative and my main source of knowledge so thank you xx
mojito
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello