I,m back again :(

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I,m back again :(

Postby dinkydo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I've been on here as I had been managing my fibromyalgia well. Was looking at my old posts and it is 6 years since I joined this forum. A lot of water under the bridge. I started working as a Support Worker for a homeless organisation in Feb. 36 hours a week and I am so exhausted. The money is great but I constantly have to push myself. From I get out of bed in the morning I am thinking of how long it will be to I get back into it again. My mood is constantly low and forever feeling anxious. I am hoping it's just a major flair up which will eventually pass. I am still taking antidepressants and Amitriptyline at bedtime to help with pains which keep me awake. I never ever have a good sleep and wake up tireder in the morning than I was before I went to bed. I know there are a lot of people a lot worse than me but I am so fed up with the Fibromyalgia. Does anyone have any suggestions for meds at night time rather than Amitriptyline? Maybe if I could sleep better it would make things a bit better.
dinkydo
UKFM Member

Re: I,m back again :(

Postby Lindilou » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:58 pm

Valerian drops from Holland and Barrett (all natural). Just check if there would be any interactions with anything else you are taking first though.
Lindilou

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:35 pm

An alternative to Amitriptyline is Nortriptyline. It's a sister med of Amitriptyline, works in the same sort of way on pain and sleep issues, but is said to have fewer side effects and be better tolerated. Might be something to ask your GP about.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:30 pm

:welcome: back hope you find something that will help
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dinkydo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:49 am

Thankyou all for you replies. It really does help to know there are people who fully understand what I feel like X
dinkydo
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:14 am

all th good ones come back when and if we need some support :pull-hair: frustrating as it is this is the best place for empathy and knowledge x
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello