[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello! I'm still in denial!

Hello! I'm still in denial!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello! I'm still in denial!

Postby teddy1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:01 am

Hi everyone

I am new to this site. I am a 33 yearvold woman and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia approximately 3 months ago but I have to say I'm finding the diagnosis hard to accept. I was sure I had Lupus which for some unknown reason seemed more acceptable to me. Weird I know!!

Did anyone else ever feel like this? Did it take a while to accept the condition?

And because I find it hard to accept I end up incredibly frustrated when my body lets me down :(

Thanks everyone

Teddy
teddy1
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello! I'm still in denial!

Postby ouchisme » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:19 am

morning teddy you are just in the 'place' (denial) that you need to be at the moment. There are different stages of grief (check out pages in the search bar to have a looksie) that we all go through. Grief isn't just about loosing a loved one, can be set off by many different life changes (coming to terms with not having any more children, maybe you are too old to bungy jump... just to name a few). The gals and boys and boys on here are great at hearing you (reading your call) and offer as much or as little help or :hugs: that you may need

:welcome: :blowkiss: from an old pain hand
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:02 pm

I was diagnosed in feb, but I hadn't heard of fm before then. Every time I went for a blood test I would read up about each illness and see if the symptoms fitted me. When I was finally diagnosed (I also thought it might be lupus, but didn't quite match) I read the details the doc gave me and it was as if it had been written just about me - everything fitted into place.

That being said I found it hard to comprehend how 4 months before I could do anything I wanted and all of a sudden I couldn't get off the settee.

I know I've gone through the stages of grief and emotionally doing ok. Although I do have the odd day of woe is me, but tell myself I'll feel different tomorrow. All the feelings of grief will come and it's horrible, but you will come out the other side stronger.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:37 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily Teddy :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

How, and where you are at the moment is part of the process we go thru when told we have FM. It needs time to get thru this stage, and can't be shortened, or skipped unfortunately. It needs as long as it needs to get thru to the other side, be it a few weeks, a number of months, or however long it takes, but it is do~able. It's a bumpy journey, and at times the path may not be easily visible, but each step you take is one closer that that lighter and bright place you're looking for.

To get thru this, most of us tend to just take things day~by~day, even hour~by~hour if necessary, and look for those little glimmers of brightness that are hidden in the murkyness.

It is frustrating when you can't do what you were wanting to do, or for as long as you were wanting. The way most of us deal with this is by learning to listen to what our bodies are telling us. It's a bit difficult at first, esp when your mind is shouting at you about how you used to be able to do things. But what your body is telling you does tend to get louder so you can hear it, and when you can, you know that you're starting to near that point you've been searching for.

Have a bit of a looky and a read around the boards, you'll be amazed at how many others who have been in this stage and have managed to find their way thru it. There may even be some helpful suggestions for you to try out that make a difference for you :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:

Anything you want to know about, either have a looky and a search, or ask a question. With the people on here, it doesn't tend to be too long for someone to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with a reply :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi and :welcome: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ouchisme » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:54 am

currently sat with you as i don't want to admit one of my symptoms as its scary to me..... so you'll not be lonely, pull up a chair and we'll keep each other company x
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:19 am

I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello