Not sure where to post - Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Not sure where to post - Hi

Postby andrea73 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:58 pm

Let me introduce myself - I'm Andrea, 40 and from Scotland. I have a family and 2 dogs

For the past 17 years I have been getting treated for depression even seeing the psych regularly but never truly getting on top of it. There has always been symptoms that have stayed with me and have left me wondering if I am a hypochondriac!! I have attended the doctors many times for a variety of reasons but no one seems to have looked at the whole picture. I have recurrent back pain and have had disc surgery 2 years ago. More recently I have been getting pain in my hips which feels like they are locking, my wrist has pain and stiff fingers and funnily enough my big toe is sore!!! I get headaches regularly too. My sleep pattern is probably another which I complain about the most - I get to sleep no problem but can't stay asleep unless medicated but even then I still wake up exhausted.

Hanging the washing out, emptying the washing machine or even going up stairs to the toilet leaves me feeling drained. In the last few days I have been getting tremors which has been so annoying and can't even cut my food on my plate up. I have looked at the symptoms of fibro and have to say I tick a lot of the boxes. How do I go about approaching this with my doctor - I see a psych doc for my depression and a GP for normal care. They don't seem to talk to each other so how would I go about getting a diagnosis. I think I need this clarified so at least I would know that its not all in my head cos that's what if feels like at the moment.

Anyway enough about me, I look forward to hearing your advice and reading this forum.

Thanks for reading. x
andrea73
UKFM Newbie

Re: Not sure where to post - Hi

Postby denys » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Hi Andrea your choice of board is perfect and :welcome: to the forum. You could start be keeping a diary for a week writing down where you hurt giving the pain a score from 1 to 10 (you know the thing 1 is no pain 10 the worst you can imagine) writing down how tired you are, how tasks affect you, your mood etc. etc.

Take this with you when you go to the docs together with maybe a print out of FM symptoms and ask if they think its possible that this is what is wrong with you, ask for a referral to a rhuematologist and :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you will get some answers
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Not sure where to post - Hi

Postby Ygraine i » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi :), I hope you get some answers soon, big hugzz and keep going at least you have somewhere you can talk :)
Ygraine i
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello