Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Jo90 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Hello everyone, I don't have a diagnosis of FM but I could be waiting a long time for that on the NHS! In the meantime, I've been googling my symptoms, which came on suddenly this last winter. It could be MS I'm suffering from but FM seems the most likely. I've had blood tests to rule out anything that can be spotted in the blood and am now having a long wait to see a neurologist. I suffer with pain in the joints and muscles, fibrofog, sleeplessness and fatigue, amongst other things.
Jo90
UKFM Member

Re: new member

Postby denys » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave :cow-wave: I hope you get some answers soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:15 am

Hi, I am new and also haven't been diagnosed yet.
I have been searching for answers for 2yrs.
Like you I've had blood tests which are always negative for everything, got to the point where I don't even concern myself with waiting for results as I know what they are going to say!
Hopefully when you see neurologist they can rule out such things as ms etc. This can actually be quite frustrating as you and everyone around you can see something is wrong and I know I've felt and at times still do feel that a proven diagnosis such as ms (where you can see the lesions causing the problems) would be easier to deal with. I only say this as once you have a dx the support is there, people take you seriously, whereas having an "unknown" leaves you in limbo constantly looking for support and help.

Good luck with your appointment, I'm sure in the meantime you can find support here x
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby Jo90 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:08 am

thank you denys & lisa,

yes, I'm finding waiting for a diagnosis VERY frustrating. Because I don't talk about myself much, I find that when I DO open up to people, they don't believe me! I've been told 'it's all part of getting older' 'it'll be your hormones' but worst of all 'it's all in your mind, anxiety is causing the symptoms'. I DON'T need to hear this when I'm in pain and frightened, I just wish these unhelpful folk could have my body for 24hrs!

I'm not sure I even want to go through a barrage of tests (I'm scared to death, they'll come up with MND!) But I AM looking forward to the day I can say 'I TOLD YOU I WAS ILL!!'
Jo90
UKFM Member

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:10 am

Yes it's very strange to WANT a diagnosis!
After ALL my test came back negative, my mum said "ahhh I bet you're glad aren't you...?" On the one hand yes, I'm glad I don't have something progressive and nasty but.... I want soooo much to have something on paper that means I get proper help because living like this is no fun at all.
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello