hi i'm new

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi i'm new

Postby keely » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:24 pm

hi, i'm new to this site and to fibromyalgia! Just got diagnosed yesterday after changing my gp and a three month wait to see a rheumatologist.

Sounds like I've had it easy though compared to most fm sufferers

Any tips, advice or chats with people who understand would be most welcomed!!

Keely x
I trust and believe that my angels are with me endlessly, guiding me with their love and light....I just wish they'd throw a bit of good luck my way sometimes!
keely
UKFM Member

Postby Pammie » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:28 pm

hello Keely,
welcome to the 'club' lol...I don't often post, but after a very bad day, I had the most wonerful support from the people here.
I think we all understand fybromyalgia (until it throws something else at us, that is :? )
I'm sure that you'll learn a lot from this site, and if you have any questions, you only have to ask.
Take care,
Pammie x
Pammie
UKFM Member

hi pammie

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:16 pm

Hi pammie

thanks for your reply. I've had a rotten day today! hope you're not too bad!

I noticed you're from cambridgeshire....my partner and i are considering moving up there from london after we're married in August. Huntingdon and chatteris are probable if we can find somewhere nice!

love
Keely x

Postby Pammie » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:59 pm

hello.......sorry to hear you've had a bad day! (((hugs))))..
I'm actually in Peterborough and wouldn't advise anyone to live here! the best thing about it is the A1 out of here. :shock:
The villages around Cambridge and Huntingdon are much better so you should be ok there! lol..
Hope you have a better day tomorrow...
love Pammie x
Pammie
UKFM Member

re: peterborough

Postby keely » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:19 pm

Hi Pamie.

lol.. I used to go to peterborough ice rink when I lived in Wellingborouogh many moons ago!!

Well, the Amitryptaline hangover is slowly wearing off, and the codeine phosphate is kicking in.....so hopefully looking forward to a better day.

Thank you for the hugs....gentle ones straight back at ya!!

Take care
:P
I trust and believe that my angels are with me endlessly, guiding me with their love and light....I just wish they'd throw a bit of good luck my way sometimes!
keely
UKFM Member

Postby Pammie » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:51 am

Hello again Keely....ah, the ice rink, yes.....i've only ever been once - nearly got my fingers cut off after falling over, and decided that wasn't any way to enjoy myself! lol..
Take care and keep warm...
love Pammie x
Pammie
UKFM Member

GP's

Postby tony » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:49 pm

Hi Keely,

Welcome to the site! sounds like your gp was a little like mine and unsympatheitc to fibro. You will find a lot of friendly and helpful people on here and plenty of info.

I was diagnosed in january but have had symptoms for nearly 9 years.
My gp didnt think i needed to see a rheumy, so i had to go private and it was he who diagnosed fibro. so i would have to say money well spent after all that time!

take care and hope your not in to much pain.
Tony
tony
UKFM Member

Hi Tony

Postby keely » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:45 pm

Hi Tony
thanks for your post,

It's so sad that the NHS keeps failing people and so many are forced to spend out and go private.

I'm glad you finally got the help you needed. I guess it's a battle we've got to keep fighting!

All the best

Keely
keely
UKFM Member

Re: hi i'm new

Postby BIG DAVE » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:55 am

Hi all new here its my wife that's got the problem farmer jella as I call it . Shes just had to give up her job and trying to keep a smile on her face. Just sent off a claim form for a blue badge and PIP so will sit back and wait can any one assist with what benefits she can get
thanks
BD :-?
BIG DAVE
UKFM Newbie

Postby Patsb » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:30 pm

Welcome ! I was diagnosed 4 yrs ago and have learned more here than I ever have from my Drs. :welcome:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby BIG DAVE » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:25 am

hi got pip assessment for wife on 07/10 just made a list of here ailments OMG so many im going with her as support
any tips
BIG DAVE
UKFM Newbie

Postby BIG DAVE » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:04 pm

hi all the wife has now got her blue bade and got a letter confirming she will get the lower rate of living and mobility a total of £77 a week
shes not claiming any thing else can any one advise if she can claim anything else
also any groups near peterborough 8-)
BIG DAVE
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello