hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello

Postby jacquicroll » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:39 pm

Not too sure how to post on here. Was diagnosed by doc last week with fibromyalgia. Have neurologist on the 18th. Have had not blood tests all ok. Have had parathesia in my face constantly for 10 months. Also in my hands arms and legs. Severe pain in all points. DiAgnosed interstitial cystitis three years ago also got migraines. Have been prescribed duplication 8 months ago and now challenging. Have had to reduce working hours and feel demented. Sorry for rambling but don't know if I'm being robbed off:( xx
jacquicroll
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:07 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily Jacqui :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You've got yourself in the right spot for posting your intro. If you had placed it anywhere else, either myself or one of the other mods would have jiffled you over into here as we know it takes a while for new joinees to find their way around the place :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I'm guessing that predictive test might have had a hand in your post :lol: :lol: :lol:
jacquicroll wrote:Have been prescribed duplication 8 months ago and now challenging. Have had to reduce working hours and feel demented. Sorry for rambling but don't know if I'm being robbed off:( xx

Was it Duloxetine that you were prescribed 8 months ago, that you are now changing???

There's no need to apologise about rambling, or anything on here. When you're first told you have FM, it really does give you a real whack, and it takes time for it all to sink in. It's also not unusual to be wondering about things such as are you being fobbed off with this as a dx. As things start to make a little more sense tho, and you learn more about the condition, how it affects you, and what your capabilities and limits are, things do start to lift and feel a little lighter and brighter.

For now, the best approach is to take each day as it comes, or even each hour as it comes, and look for the ways to get the best out of the day.

Have a bit of a looky around the boards as they are packed with all sorts of info and advice. Have a bit of a read of things, you might find some suggestions/ideas to look into and try out that could help make things a little more manageable for you.

There are a number on here who are still able to work, someone may have some advice for you about things that could help in that side of things.

Anything that's on your mind, don't be afraid to ask about it, or use the Search box in the top right corner of each page to see if there are any other posts/topics on the subject.
:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: with your appt on the 18th :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Hopefully it will be the start of you getting some answers about the different problems you have to juggle :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi Jacqui Ditto everything Flup said and :welcome: from me too :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby jacquicroll » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:58 pm

Many thanks for your replies. Yes silly predictive test. I am still on duplications and now gabopentin 900 mg per day. I'll have nosey about as no nothing about it xx
jacquicroll
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello