Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Chunky Monkey » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Hi everyone

My name is Jane, I am 44 years old and thought it was about time I introduced myself. I was diagnosed 2 years ago and have been reading your posts for quite awhile but have never been brave enough to post about myself! ( I am quite shy)

I have been happily married to my very supportive husband for 24 years and have 2 teenage children. I am lucky that I can still work and have just started a new part time job working in a school kitchen which I really enjoy. It is quite a physical job compared to my usual work in an office, but I felt I needed to try something new. By the time I get home I am absolutely shattered and need to have a lie down but I really don't want to give it up.

It's nice to know that there are people out there who are going through this and that totally understand. My family are supportive most of the time but they do occasionally forget, especially if I have had a good day.

Bye for now xxx
Chunky Monkey
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Nice to have you on here with us Jane :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Now you've said Hello, hopefully the next time you post won't feel quite so :yikes: :yikes: for you. I was incredibly shy when I first joined, and like you didn't post anything in my early days.

Your new job is definitely a little different to what you were doing previously :woot: :woot: :woot: for deciding to try something new :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Sometimes a complete change of direction is what is needed to keep you bobbling along.

As you've been with us a while already, you probably have an idea of your way around the place. If there's anything you want to know about tho, just ask about it and we'll try and help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Chunky Monkey » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks for your reply FluppyPuffy. It's nice to know that there's always someone out there to talk to when needed :-D
Chunky Monkey
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:37 am

Hi Jane and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello