Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Claireclogs » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi all,
I have been newly diagnosed with FM in the past couple of weeks. I am also now being investigated for psoriasis arthritis to.
My physical health has taken a nose dive in the last 4 years with surgery and out of the blue diagnosis of Diabetes Type 1. I suffer with mental issues to and if it were not for my wonderful partner, I would not be able to get though the day.

I am currently signed off work and for various reasons other than FM I don't feel I can go back, it actually makes me ill. However I don't know how to go about this for the best.

I am a bit of a mess one way or another and this recent shock of being told I have FM is another knock to my self esteem, family in particular think I am just lazy.
I am looking for some like minded people who understands that this is me and I can't change who I am. Underneath all the pain from my spinal damage, FM and hypers and hypos; I am a loyal, fun and sensitive person.

So hello all, this is me warts and all.
Claire x
Claireclogs
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Hello Claire, warts and all :mrgreen:

Hope you'll find what you're looking for here :welcome:
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby TeejThorne » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:11 am

Hi Claire

I too have been diagnosed recently with FM, I am also depressed and have been insulin dependant type 2 diabetic for about 16 years now, I have mental issues too what a pair we would make PMSL, anyhow this forum is great welcome :lol: Im sure we will all chat to you at some point lol. xxx <3
TeejThorne
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:50 am

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Claire :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I think most of us have a few warts along with FM and other things, so you're in good company on here :lol: :lol: :lol: The way you've been feeling since finding out about FM, along with the other things you have/are experiencing is something that an awful lot of us can relate to and understand as we have had similar experiences ourselves. The comments from those close to us who we thought would be supportive always cut far, far deeper.

You'll find plenty of like~minded peoples on here, as well as info and advice, and when we're able to do so, we like to have a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything you want to know about, just ask. With the number of people on here, it doesn't usually take too long for someone to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with a reply :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello