Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby gcon1984 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed this thursday by a gp I had never seen before. I started with flare like symptoms in febuary last year when I moved into my new home. It is a cold house with draughts coming up through the floorboards and didnt have working radiators when I moved in. Obviously I didnt know any of this until after I moved in and I am still battling to get the draughts sorted out!

Shortly after moving in here I started suffering with more pain than normal, fatigue and digestive problems so I went to my gp surgery and a doctor there ordered blood tests to sed if I had lupus and a few other conditions all came back negative so she moved onto finding out whag was going on with my digestive problems. So more blood tests where ordered all came back negative and she diagnosed IBS. The fatigue and pain was put down to the house move affecting the arthritis I had already been diagnosed with a few year early and the fact I did everything on my own. I accepted this diagnosis and had a few minor flares in the following months which I put down to general aches n pains from arthritis or doing to much.

I should mention my mum also has fibromyalgia and she has been saying for months to go back to the doctors and get them to check if I have it. Up until wednesday night I thought she was beig daft and it was due to arthritis. But then I had a major flare which I think was triggered by travelling for a job interview on public transport for an hour and a half each way. It started with pain in my foot and hot sweats and progressed to me sobbing in bed at the pain a few hour later resulting in a bad nights sleep and waking up feeling like my head had been in a vice overnight, I could barely walk and it took me almost 15 minutes to take my daughter to school which normally takes 2 minutes, I felt like I had been hit by a bus and felt so tired that if I closed my eyes for a few seconds I would be asleep. I didnt suspect fibromyalgia at all but when I went to the drs he asked about my symptoms then did a pressure test checked my notes about previous blood test and gave me a diagnosis. He printed me off a sheet of information and prescribed amytriptyline and that was pretty much that. I asked for a rheumy referal which he gave me straight away.

As soon as I got home I started googling and obviously found this forum so I have been reading alot of posts on here. I am now beginning to wonder if I havent been suffering with this for alot longer but just put it down to the hypermobility I was diagnosed with as a teen and the arthritis I was diagnosed 21.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for accepting me on here. I have already read somereally good tips im looking at trying to help with the pain as I only have the amytrptyline for now and I know they will take two week or so to kick in. I never thought to ask about other pain relieve when there.

Thanks for reading,

Gemma
gcon1984
UKFM Newbie

Re: newbie

Postby denys » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:17 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello