Hi new to fibro and new to here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi new to fibro and new to here

Postby emma83 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi I saw my gp today and it's pretty certain that I have fibromyalgia. Having blood tests next week to eliminate anything else but he doesn't think it will show anything. Kinda feeling abit numb at the moment but more shocked with the reactions I've had from the few I've told. Work only care if it's gonna affect my work and one of my best friends who didn't know what is was googled it but has been not that interested and joked that 'I'm falling apart' not gonna bother telling anyone else. I feel quite alone right now which doesn't help I know. :( I I start my amitriptyline tonight how long did it take to start working? Does it work?
Any advice would be helpful right now.
Thanks for reading
Emma
emma83
UKFM Member

Re: Hi new to fibro and new to here

Postby wornoutbloke » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi. Try not to be too nervous, it's a step in the right direction getting a diagnosis. Hopefully the medication will work, if you're taking it at night you'll find you will probably sleep better right away but relief from the pain will take time to get the medicine into your system, I have been on them before and they were brilliant, but at some point I had to change meds.

Hope it all works out for you
wornoutbloke
UKFM Member

Postby emma83 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:23 am

Thank you for your advice I went off quickly last night after taking it but still woke up a few times and def no improvement on the pain!!! I gotta go back in a month and see how I've been getting on with them and go from there. X
emma83
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:00 am

Hi I'm new to fibro too. Diagnosed in Feb this year. The Amitriptyline got me to sleep immediately but it was probably another month before it helped with the pain and achiness I had. Make sure your vit D levels are checked as they're usually low with is. I was very deficient in it. And from what I've read, you can ache quite a bit if deficient x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: you arent alone on here :yikes: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby emma83 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Thank you so much for your kind replies. That is really useful about vit D thank you. I am having a blood test Thursday so will ask if that's being looked at. Had a bad night last night woke about 4 am with crippling pains in my hands. :( Iam not usually one for internet forums but seeing as so many people don't really get what fibro is I felt like I wanted some 'real' advice and understanding.
Hello and thanks again xxx
emma83
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello