A little about me...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A little about me...

Postby Planet of my own! » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:31 am

Hi I am Deb, I have been diagnosed for around 10years, managed ok for the first so many years with ups and downs, but then fell on my back. I was swinging on a tree vine at the time!!! Why?? Well I've asked myself this too many times over the last few fears, but I was enjoying myself with family in the forest, but I was the only fool to let go of the vine at the wrong time!! And landed in a dip...oops.
PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS..NOT RECOMMENDED!! I have paid for it in various ways ever since.
I have had so many tests since but fibro and cfs is what it boils down to. Along with a few neurological abnormalities showing up but nothing conclusive!
I work (or try my hardest to) 12 hours a week. I have needed to reduce my responsibilities and hours, luckily I have a very supportive boss. It's so tuff working with this pain and fatigue everyday, I question myself as to wether I really am helping my body.
I have a fantastic husband and two lovely teenagers who help care for me. We also have a cavalier King Charles spaniel, he is 3 and a lot bigger than I first thought! After doing research into what dog would suit us best, I got it slightly wrong! But I love him to bits and he is very good company. At first I would walk him each day which was good for me, but as he got bigger the pulling started! So the walks stopped :(
to me that was a main point of having a dog. But now we have found a lead that he doesn't pull with :-D so days when I'm up to it he gets a short stroll from me.
Poor dog probably wonders why we are going so slow!! I need to use a stick for support when out, but try to limit this as much as possible. Also I use a wheelchair some days, that has allowed me to join in days out that would have been far too much for me to handle.
So that's a bit about me, I hope joining a forum site will give me some support, laughs and a way of meeting others who live with the challenges that fibro throws at us
8-) deb xx
Planet of my own!
UKFM Member

Re: A little about me...

Postby denys » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:12 am

Hi Debs and :welcome: to the forum, I've removed your other post from this board as it is very similar to 2 others you have made and its starting to get a little confusing anyway I hope you get some answers to your questions that help :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello