Hello to Everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello to Everyone

Postby Night_Butterfly » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ruth, and today I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and a secondary of hypermobility. I'm joined here to do my research so I can fully understand these conditions so that I can manage them in my day to day life.

Thanks

Ruth
Night_Butterfly
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello to Everyone

Postby rich44 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi Ruth

Hope you're not feeling too poorly at the moment.

Are you on any meds at the moment?
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:04 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Ruth :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

There are a few on here with both FM and HMS, so hopefully you'll be able to find some advice and guidance to help you manage life with both conditions.

The boards are crammed with all sorts of info, so maybe start by having a bit of a looky and a read as you find your way around the place. There is a Search box in the top right corner of each page which can be helpful if you're looking for something that hasn't been mentioned in recent posts and topics. And of course you can always ask about things, with the number of people on here, it doesn't usually take too long for someone to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with a reply.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi Ruth and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby puddingpop33 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi Ruth

Im just a newbie, hope you are having a good day and hopefully speak to you soon
puddingpop33
UKFM Member

Postby Night_Butterfly » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Thank you everyone for your replies, it's nice to know there are other's out there who know what I'm going through.

I am currently on Solpadol and Pregabalin. I have to see my GP to sort out routine drugs now. I've been referred to physio too. The Rheumy was amazing, listened to everything I had to say after being fobbed off by the GP. Honestly I didn't know anything about Fibro, only heard it in passing, so it's nice to read everything and understand what's going on. :)
Night_Butterfly
UKFM Newbie

Postby puddingpop33 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Hey

I'm glad that you have been able to get some answers, and hopefully the tablets give you some relief. The rheumatology clinic always help me, the doctors surgery im with now are great and dont fob me off like the old one i was with xx
puddingpop33
UKFM Member

Postby Night_Butterfly » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:59 pm

Thank you. At least now the GP has a diagnoses and will only be controlling me meds! The Rheumy wanted me to start slowly and not pile things on me. We'll take time, see what works and what does :)
Night_Butterfly
UKFM Newbie

Postby puddingpop33 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:12 pm

I am on so many med now, and I get fed up taking them. I am bed bound at the minute because I have twisted my back out of place and i am fed up seeing the same 4 walls now :( :(
puddingpop33
UKFM Member

Postby Tally1068 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:18 am

puddingpop33 wrote:I am on so many med now, and I get fed up taking them. I am bed bound at the minute because I have twisted my back out of place and i am fed up seeing the same 4 walls now :( :(

Oh how I sympathise. I've been bedbound (apart from 2 occasions and hospital visits) for over 9 months now. I am so sick of lying in bed and knowing how much I'm deteriorating. Living on my own isn't exactly a bundle of laughs either.

Usually I'm pretty upbeat and cheery, with lots of hobbies, but knowing this isn't going to get any better (I finally sold my car last week) means that I lurch from bouts of panic as to how I'm going to cope in the future and days of truly living in the moment, not thinking ahead, when life is OK.

At 64 this wasn't the retirement I planned, but if you grump to people around you except your closest friends, then you run the risk of them not popping in and I don't want that.

Today is a bad mental day as, don't laugh at the triviality of it, but I can no longer change the duvet.
I have severe arthritis in my shoulders and they are terribly painful. It made me have to give up crutches, but in the past week or so it means I cant even flick a duvet straight, let alone change one. Grrrrrr. So frustrating.

I'm lucky enough to have a Carer in everyday but I'm trying to keep some modicum of things I can still do for myself.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm trying to think happy thoughts before I chase the illusive sleep, so I thought I'd have a moan before switching the laptop off. :oops: :oops:

I forgot to say "Welcome Ruth" This forum has been a godsend in all sorts of ways. At least everyone understands even if our viewpoint on certain matters like pill popping are different. At my age and with over 50 years of taking drugs which saved my life I'm not about to give them up!! But I do see that if you are a lot younger it could be alarming.

I've just had my blood test results back showing normal kidney and liver function. :-D Now that is a true miracle!!
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby puddingpop33 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:30 am

Hey there

I definitely know how scary it is taking all these medications, I have have had a severe form of arthritis for the past 10 years now. It gets really annoying, that now my body will not function properly without taking any of these tablets now.

I get very snappy with people, but it is out of sheer frustration, but even my partner dreads coming into speak to me, because he never knows what mood I am going to be in, but he always knows how to get a smile out of me
puddingpop33
UKFM Member

Postby Night_Butterfly » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:52 am

Thank you everyone for your lovely words. I send out healing vibes to all of you that aren't having a good time at the moment. I too have bad and good days, but overall it's never pleasant. I'm just glad to have it diagnosed so I can move on and manage now. xx
Night_Butterfly
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello