Hi all from the New Girl lol

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi all from the New Girl lol

Postby puddingpop33 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi there

My name is Amanda and I am 33 years old. I have 4 children, a 10 year old girl and 3 boys who are 8,7 and 5.

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and was diagnosed with this 10 years ago and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia roughly 5/6 years ago, this was the turning point in my life. I was very sporty when I was growing up, was in the hockey, athletics, volleyball teams. Music was also a big part of my life and played the Clarinet, Saxophone, Piano and Keyboard, I passed all my exams with flying colours, now I can hardly pick up a fork nevermind an instrument.

I have had total knee replacements done on both knees, everyone always says, my god you are so young, both my knees had crumbled away that badly that they had no choice but to replace them. Consultants have said its a very aggressive form I have, as it is wearing my body down too quickly. My hips are the next to be replaced. I have deformed toes, my knuckles in my hands are always mis-shapen and swollen. At the minute I am bed bound under doctors orders, as I got out of bed and twisted my back, it crunched and a bone slipped out of place and i cant walk at the minute. I have 24 hour care from my partner, without him I would be nothing.

I have found this forum, when I thought there was no where else I could go, I dont know sometimes if I can take anymore, the pain is unreal and I am si ck of taking so many tablets on a daily basis.

Morphine Sulphate Tablets ( 2 x twice a day)
Co-Codamol 30/500 (2 x 3 times a day)
Amitriptyline (1 at bedtime)
Methotrexate (6 x once a week)
Etodolac (one a day)
Folic Acid ( one a week)
Carbamazepine (2 x twice a day)
Citopram (once a day)

I am hoping to make some new friends on here and have people that I can talk to....i know that i can speak to my partner, but he doesnt understand just the amount of pain that I actually go through on a daily basis. :(

Speak soon xxx
puddingpop33
UKFM Member

Re: Hi all from the New Girl lol

Postby denys » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:30 pm

Hi Amanda and :welcome: to the forum, it sound as though you have and are really going through it hopefully we can offer you some support when you need it :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby puddingpop33 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:40 pm

Thanks for your quick reply, I really appreciate it. I am suffering really badly at the minute.
puddingpop33
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Hope you can get some relief and manage to get some sleep
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby puddingpop33 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:46 pm

I have been put on the Amitriptyline to help me sleep, I have found me going to bed at 10pm and still being awake at 5.30am lol
puddingpop33
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:57 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all Amanda :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear how things are for you currently :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

You'll find that, whilst we are affected by our conditions very differently on here, we have a deep understanding of what each other is experiencing, and try to support each other and even have a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: to help get thru the FibroDays.

Most of us have had times when that yawning black abyss is on the verge of sucking us into it's bottomless realm, so you're not alone in how it can make you think and feel.

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try and help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby puddingpop33 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi

Yeah, I am glad that I found this forum, because I always look for someone to talk to, who knows what I am going through

Thanks again everyone
puddingpop33
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi Amanda

Sorry to hear about what you're going through.

There's lots of support on here with really nice people who all know what it's like to be in pain all the time.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby puddingpop33 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:16 pm

Thanks for everyones kind welcome....I am just fed up of being in so much pain, I feel 60 years old and I am only 33, i dont know how many times I have told my partner to get out while he can, and he just smiles and says he is here though the good and the bad and it was his idea to find a group where I could support and understanding
puddingpop33
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello