[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New member

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby kasnat » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi my name is Karen and I was diagnosed with FM about five years ago. I am on gabapentin, amatrip and sertraline. I try very hard not to let FM get the better of me and I think I am lucky reading some stories on here. Don't get me wrong I have various pains and the fatigue is awful it never goes away I could sleep all day and still be tired , I have tried it lol! I have joined here to try to be proactive in looking for suggestions of how to deal with the symptoms. There are some symptoms that are causing me great distress but they are not something I feel comfortable discussing yet! Anyway Hello everyone!
Karen :-D
kasnat
UKFM Newbie

Re: New member

Postby Jonno » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi Karen,

I was on Sertraline until recently, I didn't like the side effects. I too am new to this board and am hoping it helps me too.

J :-P
Jonno
UKFM Newbie

Postby kasnat » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Hiya
It will hopefully help to be able to talk to people who understand. I'm a very positive upbeat person but sometimes it gets me down!
K :-)
kasnat
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:27 pm

:welcome: to out little FibroFamily Karen :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Hopefully we'll be able to help and support you when you feel ready to post about what is causing you this additional distress. In the meantime, maybe have a bit of a looky around the boards. We cover all sorts of things on here, from the :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: right the way thru to the completely :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: so there is a chance there maybe something that touches on what you are eventually wanting to post about.

For those times when you don't want to post on the open part of the forum, there is a Private: Members Only board which can only be accessed by members when they are logged in. We have covered some rather personal matters on there along the way, so try not to worry about what you want to say or ask. We're big girlies and boys on here who often experience very similar worries, and being able to share them with others who understand can help lift things. We also try have a bit of :lol: :lol: :lol: along the way, as it all helps with getting thru the FibroDays :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi and welcome. I find moving really helps for me. I sit too long and my whole body feels like its turning to stone. My pain and fatigue alternate. At the moment I've had the fatigue for a few days at least. I'm on ami and since yesterday i also started gabapentin. I also take vitamin D as I was very deficient. Another thing that works for me is doing Pilates at home, which was highly recommended by my rheumy nurse. I was doing it three times a week til I had a flare. Now waiting for the kids to restart school so I can attempt it again. Hopefully it'll help with the tiredness. I know it helps with the pain. I'm sure others have some good advice for you too x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby kasnat » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Thank you for the replies and suggestions I will have a good look through the other sections in the forum.
K x
kasnat
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tally1068 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:18 pm

;-) :f1-car: :welcome: :flowers:

Welcome. I just know this board will help. It's so reassuring to know that othes accept everything you're going through, in good times and bad.
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby Shurdygirl » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi everyone, I'm sal & I've had fibromyalgia for 8months now & still finding it hard to come to terms with my new life.. I also gained 5 stone thanks to the lovely drugs I'm on,
& Amitripaline .. It's a vicious circle really, need the meds for sleep & pain but then have to suffer with the side affects, it's not that we haven't got enough to deal with.
I also got Osteoarthritis in right knee behind the knee cap which I'm to young for new knee so I just have to wait for my bones rub away & also I've got it in my hands, right one worse.. And I also have IBS but I'm controlling that.. Anyway that's enough about me lol x hope to chat to you all more x
Shurdygirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby paige1992 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:13 pm

Hi

This is the first forum I have been in and not really sure how it all works, but I'll introduce myself first and hopefully hear from people...

My name is Paige I am 22 years old and I've had fibromyalgia for 8 years now. I have seen physio both through the NHS and private, I've had acupuncture, MRIs, X-rays, someone to make sure it wasn't in my head (can't remember the official name lol), back and forth to the doctors. At the moment I'm currently taking 40mg of amytriptiline (don't know how to spell it) however it's just not working anymore. I'm am so tired all of the time, the pain is increasing, my emotional mood is quite low and not sure how to pick myself up.

Any advice of just someone who knows what I'm going through to talk to would be amazing.

Thank you in advance.

Paige :)
paige1992
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello