Newbie here....hullo!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie here....hullo!

Postby davidomz » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi everyone,
This is my first time on this board. In the past I used ivillage message boards (pregnancy, mums club and depression) and found the support a godsend, made a great range of friends throughout the UK who have stood by through thick and thin. I'm hoping this newfound board will help me on this new journey in my life!
I'm D, married to a hugely supportive man and mum of 3 boys and from SW Scotland.
I'm 36 and have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia although it's thought I've been suffering it for at least 10 years! Joys of fighting for a diagnosis and being passed from pillar to post!!!
My main issues are whole body pain and fatigue. I also suffer from depression and anxiety, Restless legs, carpal tunnel syndrome, migraines, IBS, balance issues and limb numbness as well as being hard of hearing.
This lovely wee merry-go-round of pain/depression is proving impossible to get off! The fatigue and pain makes exercise near impossible and so weight is creeping on.
I successfully fought and won my appeal last year to get on support group of ESA but gave up on the DLA fight, most humiliating experience of my life, really treat you like s***! I have recently applied for PIP so waiting game now.
So... HULLO fellow sufferers, hoping to make some good understanding friends who don't judge you or roll their eyes everytime you cancel plans or say your tired or sore!

Dx
davidomz
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie here....hullo!

Postby Helhit » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi D

You'll certainly find us a friendly bunch . I've posted a few questions and moans on here and the replies have always been non-judgemental, just helpful and reassuring .

I've been asleep on the settee all day not able to do anything. I've been like this all week since going away in the caravan for the weekend. I go on this forum on my phone, so it's a godsend to be able to communicate with people that know exactly how you're feeling.

Good to meet you :wave: :wave: :wave:
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie here....hullo!

Postby davidomz » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Hiya
I've been pushing myself all week helping a friend out with her 2yr old, spent today building wardrobe and drawers, tomorrow...... Day in bed I imagine.
I find that there is more and more I can't do now so trying to cram as much in as I'm still able. Damn frustrating considering I've always been so independent, tonight will result in hubby bathing me and doing my hair! Thank god he is a patient man!
Xx
davidomz
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello