Hello!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello!

Postby iamjules » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Hello Everyone.

I'm in the North East of England and I'm new to the site so I just wanted to introduce myself.

I've been experiencing symptoms and major pain for approximately 2.5 years now. Although my issues began just before a significant life event, I delayed taking the issue to my GP because I had been recently bereaved and assumed the symptoms may be related to this major life event however, as time went on and my grief settled down, the symptoms got worse rather than better so I eventually took myself off to my doctor a year ago. He did a lot of tests to rule out vit D deficiency etc., and check my thyroid levels (I have an underactive thyroid anyway but it was all fine) and after ruling everything else out, he referred me to a neurologist because he was concerned I may have had MS.

I am losing function in my hands and drop EVERYTHING however, MRI scans have shown that I don't have MS after all (thankfully) and instead, the neurologist has told me that he's very sure I have fybromyalgia. I've now been referred to a rheumatologist to get a formal diagnosis and, as I had never heard of this condition before the neurologist told me about it, I am now reading up on it.

I'm amazed by the stuff that I'm reading and I can see that the neurologist is probably correct in his assessment of my situation as I have/continue to experience pretty much everything that I'm reading about. My biggest problem is fatigue. I can wake up after eight hours of restful sleep and yet still feel exhausted and have to have another nap on the sofa when I get downstairs. It's really quite debilitating and I'm struggling to get through all of my commitments on a daily basis which in turn, can make me feel quite stressed at times. It really isn't just a question of being tired. When it comes over me I'm often not even able to finish a sentence and i just need to lie down, there and then, wherever I happen to be. It's quite embarrassing but I somehow just cease functioning and can't really do anything about it.

Anyway, I just wanted to say 'Hi' and make myself known to the group. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and I'm really grateful for any tips on dealing with fatigue while I'm waiting for my appointment with the rheumatologist to come through.

Much appreciated, folks!
:sleep:
iamjules
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello!

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi jules welcome in.

Sounds like you've been thru the wringer too.

Glad you've been given the all clear by your neuro. Fingers crossed the rheumatologist visit won't take long to come.

Yes the fatigue is really hard to deal with as well as the pain. If you're really fatigued it might be worth asking your gp if the is a local cfs group you could be referred to.

I think we can all relate to the fibro fog moments. When talking I often forget what I was saying in the middle of a sentence.

Anyway hope you're not feeling too bad at the moment
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby iamjules » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:07 pm

Hi again and many thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm not sure if we have a CFS group here but I'll ask my GP about that. Thanks for the tip :)

I'm ok at the minute, just tired really with some low level pain which I pretty much live with all the time now. It's unbearable when it flares up properly so for now, I'm just enjoying this 'quiet period'.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Jules
iamjules
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello