Just wanted to say hi.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just wanted to say hi.

Postby Loads » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:18 am

Hello everyone, i'm a first time poster.

I'm a 54 year old male and have just been diagnosed with Fibro this week. I came across this forum and thought that it would be good to join a community that would understand.

The first signs I had were about six months ago with a burning sensation in my right toes. About three months ago it spread to my hands and arms and now i get it at different times in different parts of my body, primarily in my hands though which are constantly tingling. The strange thing is that I don't seem to get any burning in my toes as much now, although this may be because I'm focusing more on my hands. I will suddenly have aches and pains appear without warning that can last for hours on end. Sometimes I'll have shooting pains by doing something simple like opening a can of tomatoes or taking the top off a bottle of Ketchup! It also hurts more and longer if I knock my hands on something and I stay well away from handshakes now! So far the pain is managble but if it increases too much I think I'll start finding it difficult. My consultant put me on 5mg of Amitriptyline. I had my first one at the end of the night a few days ago and I felt really weird almost cold like symptoms the next morning, not sure if it was the tablet or I was just having a rough morning! I haven't taken another one yet. I have to admit I'm feeling a bit odd about it all at the moment. I suppose my one concern is the rapid speed that this has happened and if it will continue to go on at that speed. I'm quite chilled out about the news and not sure if I should be telling close friends or family as like I say, its not so bad at the moment and I don't want to make a drama out of it. Has anyone else had similar sensations to mine?

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post. :-)
Loads
UKFM Newbie

Re: Just wanted to say hi.

Postby Minilady » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:13 am

Hi ... Just read your post and it struck a chord. I was diagnosed with Fibro four years ago and struggle on a daily basis. I suffer with burning and tingling, especially in my feet, a common symptom of fibro. It also really hurts if have just the slightest knock. I bruise easily too. Obviously I wouldn't like to comment on the speed that it's hit you so perhaps a visit to your GP? I know if I get a flare up it appears very quickly.
Minilady
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello