[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Lost and don't know what to do.

Lost and don't know what to do.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lost and don't know what to do.

Postby Sue12345 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:29 pm

My GP diagnosed me with fibromyalgia at the beginning of the year and at my request referred me to rheumatology.I missed my appointment due to a severe nervous breakdown and received a letter telling me another appointment would not be given unless I was referred again.

I have not asked for a new referral as my GP said all I would be offered is physio.I am sometimes in so much pain that it takes my breath away.I can't remember the last time I woke feeling I had a good night sleep.Muscle spasms are so painful and sometimes so bad that I can not hold a pen or a knife and fork.

I was recently admitted to hospital with symptoms of a stroke only to be told it was not a stroke and it must be due to depression.After an abnormal EEG and a neurological referral I was diagnosed with confusional migraine.I suffer from repeated bouts of cystitis where I pass blood and no cause can be found.

I have comletely lost control of my bowels to the extent that I am now waiting for a colostomy.I have memory problems.Episodes of extreme drowsiness that come on quite suddenly,sometimes just feel ''fuzzy headed''.I could go on and on.All this has happened in the last three years and I feel like no one cares.Could it be possible that all these things are connected to fibro?Would a rheumatology referral be of any help?
Sue12345
UKFM Newbie

Re: Lost and don't know what to do.

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:04 pm

:welcome:

A rheumatology appointment would help as they can confirm your GP's diagnoses because in some cases a GP can miss something of importance that maybe related to something else.

They would look into the spasms and the pain plus fatigue and see if any of your others symptoms are associated in any way or not.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Sue12345 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:24 pm

Thanks Lisa.I will see my Gp about another refferral.
Sue12345
UKFM Newbie

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:17 pm

The rheumy will get you on the right drugs x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:43 am

Yes a rheumatologist appointment would hopefully give you some answers as you are having a dreadful time and need help. All I can do is send :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and a shot of my :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:32 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, I would ask for another referral too, hope you get to the bottom of things soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby zappa20 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:20 am

zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello