Lost & confused

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lost & confused

Postby naddylou » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:57 am

Hi
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia on Thurs & it has hit me like a bolt from the blue.
My health isn't good as I have a 2way fusion in my spine (due to 2 crumbling discs), I had an osteotomy in my knee ( really need new knee but apparently im too young) I have bowel problems following a bowel resection & have osteoarthritis everywhere.

I started getting pains & swelling in my hands & gp & physio thought it was osteo or rheumatoid arthirits, until I saw Rheumatology on thurs, he said the xrays show some osteo, he then checked me out all over & I jumped through the ceiling everywhere he touched (hands,elbows,shoulders,neck,back) some areas I didn't even know there was pain.

He then said u have Fibromyalgia, the medications u r on anyway should b helping with some of the pain.He then refered me to occupational health for wrist splints & discharged me!!
Ive learnt to cope with my other problems, but this has just shaken my world completely, I have no idea what to expect in the future or where to even turn now for help or support. My head is f*****d & don't know if im coming or going.
Last edited by denys on Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: split paragraphs to make easier reading
naddylou
UKFM Newbie

Re: Lost & confused

Postby denys » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:28 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum I have broken your post up just to make it easier to read, my head isnt so good this morning so more than a few lines and I'm having to re-read constantly :lol: :lol: :lol:

The diagnosis can be a shock and it can take a while to get your head round it, but you have come to the right place for information and support so if you need to ask something just post a new topic (unless someone is already talking about the same subject) and you should get some answers pretty quickly.

The other way to find out if someone has had similar, is to use the search facility at the top of the page, put the key word into the box and there could be quite a bit of info brought up :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Lost & confused

Postby naddylou » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Hi Denys
Thank u for the warm welcome & no worries on editing my post. Took me a while to actually get round to writing it & just rattled it off whilst it was all in my head lol forgot about paragraphs :-)

Sure has been a shock & not sure il ever get my head around it as not the diagnosis I was expecting.

I will be sure to take some time out to read some of the posts & see if anything can help etc

Thanks again for the welcome
Nadine
naddylou
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello