Things finally make sense

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Things finally make sense

Postby Timelordess » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:21 am

Hello.

I've had 12 brain/spinal surgeries over the past 12 yrs for a rare brain condition and related spine condition, and due to these, blamed all my symptoms of everything on these 2 conditions. So easily done. Finally my GP couldn't do anymore for me with pain management so sent me to the Pain Clinic. When I got there, all the usual talking and tests were carried out, then my new consultant diagnosed me with 2 new (for me) conditions. Allocating and this Fibromyalgia. Penny slotted into place, as my neighbour and my sister in law both have it, so I can see what it does to them.

In the space of that week, I am no longer ashamed of being exhausted, or tired, even though I'm an insomniacs due to my Chiari 1 Malformation, but it gives me the reasons behind why I feel the way I do. I now know why all my friends say they can exercise no problem, yet I find it knocks me out for days! I only walked the dog yesterday for 20mins, I slept from 8pm -midnight! Not bad for someone who doesn't sleep.
Anyway, just wanted to say, although I hate my body hating me, I like knowing.

Love to you all!!!

XoxoX
Timelordess
UKFM Newbie

Re: Things finally make sense

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:11 am

Glad you have some sort of knowing now :-D Love your name by the way :-D I was an insomniac but take something for it, so sleep great now. I can exercise still, some of us can. This condition varies. Lately I've been quite tired but not all the time. Life is a roller coaster with this, isnt it? Nice to know you know others with this condition offline x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:45 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our little FibroFamily :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Glad you've finally got some knowings about what has been adding the extra stuff to the mix of symptoms and problems you already have. Sometimes it's the not knowing that hurts the most :( :( :(

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, as well as support and understanding, and a bit of :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: which can all help with getting thru each day.

Anything you want to know about, then just ask away as it doesn't usually take too long for someone to come along with a reply :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi and :welcome:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby madchickenlady » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi :-D
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello