[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Polly62 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Hi I am new to this forum, although have had Fibro & Rheumatoid arthritis for over 10 years. In this last year I have been diagnosed with BPPV, & now in this last fortnight with lesion Sclerosis.

I have only become disabled in this last year, because of the increasing difficulty in coping from day to day. Unfortunately people close to me, think I just need to keep fit by joining a gym & that doing this will cure all my ills. I don't want to sound like a moaner, & god knows its so easy for me, these days to get upset. So I find it difficult for me to broach the subject.
I presently on 40mg Amtripyline, Tramacet, Meloxicam & Lansoprazole. I have had numerous different meds, most that I have been prescribed by Rheumatology caused either nausea or sickness.

I am now on pension, so don't have to worry about working. However I don't know how I worked full time. I also try to help my 85yr old mother, but she doesn't understand what is wrong with me.

Is it normal to feel so tired, I could stay in bed all day! I am in major flare up, having pain in some ridiculous places, my ribs hurt, my thumb joints are painful, as well as my knees, ankles & feet. I live in a third floor flat with no lift, and on several occasions recently have nearly toppled down the stairs.

It sounds like I am moaning but I have no one who I can talk to regarding my illness.
Polly62
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:03 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all Polly :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've jiffled you over onto here with this being your intro topic as it's a more suitable place and you won't have a rapid drop down into the depths of the forum where the DustBunnies dwell like you would have where you had originally made your post.

There's no need to worry about sounding like you may be moaning on here, we understand what FM and its various associated conditions and hanger~ons can do to you, and where it can feel like it's sending you, so you're in good company. Sadly there are too many of those people who think that doing a bit more exercise is all that we need to get ourselves "sorted out" and when such people are those close to us, it can be all the more soul~destroying.

Feeling fatigued is part of the FibroDay unfortunately, esp during times when things are flary. However, for some, it can reach levels where, even when their other symptoms and problems are behaving more suitably, it is still overwhelming. I found myself in such a situation a few years ago, and when it became apparent that things weren't improving I went to see my GP. After a number of tests etc, it lead to 2 more conditions eventually being dx'd {Diabetes and CFS/ME.} If you find yourself being completely swamped by fatigue, and nothing make a difference, then do consider having it checked out, just to be sure that there isn't anything else at work and adding its effects to the mix.

Think I've waffled on at you for long enough now :oops: :oops: :oops: Any time you want to know about something, let off a bit of steam, or have one of those really good moans, just post away. Even if it seems like you're the only one online, it doesn't usually take too long for someone to bobble along with a reply, be it advice, :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: or a chunk of medicinal [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :cake: :cake:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello