new

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new

Postby reb1981 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:46 am

Hello I am not yet diagnosed but doctor has put me on 10mg amitripiline. Can anyone tell me if these symptoms are anything like you suffer with. Morning stiffness all over body even though I have a orthopaedic bed. Terrible burning sensations in my thumb joints and some general pain and stiffness in my fingers and wrists but not all the time. I also have knee pain, neck upper and lower back pain my ribs hurt my elbows and I often feel extremely tired.. I also have bipolar so I don't know if this is part of bipolar or maybe fibro. Can anyone help and maybe mention another symptoms to see if I have them and just thought they were normal.thank you
reb1981
UKFM Member

Re: new

Postby whoami » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:37 am

Hi! Sorry to hear you are having so much stiffness and pain. I hope your Dr can identify the cause soon.

My hubby is by polar. He can be very tired and fatigued at times, that is quite common to the bipolar, especially when he is in the depressive stage. He gets stiff in the mornings and it wears off quickly once he gets moving around a bit more, however, it is due to arthritis starting.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby migrembe » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:39 am

Hi,
We try not to diagnose others on here, but leave it to the Drs. The main symptoms of Fibro are wide spread pain, chronic fatigue, insomnia (not sleeping or sleeping and feeling like your brain as been running a marathon all night) and depression.

As for bi-polar it is a difficult one. I believe i have bi-polar too but getting the Drs to assess and label me is very difficult and they keep saying it's just depression, but i believe it is more than that and i strongly believe that Fibro is a mental illness - the mind as had enough and so it is letting you know by causing pain throughout the body and the pain causes the fatigue and the inability to sleep, which then causes the depression.

However Drs don't necessarily understand it any more than we do. There is something call the points test, which they normally use to diagnose people.
- http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0, ... 35,00.html

I hope you get a diagnosis one way or another, soon. Bev x
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:12 am

migrembe wrote:Hi,
We try not to diagnose others on here, but leave it to the Drs. The main symptoms of Fibro are wide spread pain, chronic fatigue, insomnia (not sleeping or sleeping and feeling like your brain as been running a marathon all night) and depression.

As for bi-polar it is a difficult one. I believe i have bi-polar too but getting the Drs to assess and label me is very difficult and they keep saying it's just depression, but i believe it is more than that and i strongly believe that Fibro is a mental illness - the mind as had enough and so it is letting you know by causing pain throughout the body and the pain causes the fatigue and the inability to sleep, which then causes the depression.

However Drs don't necessarily understand it any more than we do. There is something call the points test, which they normally use to diagnose people.
- http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0, ... 35,00.html

I hope you get a diagnosis one way or another, soon. Bev x

Migrembe.......I am curious as to why you feel you are bipolar and why it is difficult to get an assessment done to see if you are or not. I hope you can be assessed soon and if you are bipolar get the treatment that will make your life more enjoyable.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:08 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all reb :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've moved you into here with is being your intro topic, it's a more suitable board and you won't drop down into the deepest darkest depths of the forum as quickly as you would have done where you had originally posted.

This linky has info about FM, incl Symptoms so maybe start by having a bit of a looky to see if there are any that are familiar to you. You could also have a read of some of the topics and posts on here. FM affects us all very differently, and whilst we share a range of symptoms, we also have our own little quirks which for a lot of us may not be related to FM, but for a few may well be related to FM. It's a very complex, unpredictable condition, both for dx~ing and living with. Arriving at a dx can, and quite often does take time as, due to there being no tests to show markers/indicators for the condition, meaning it has to be done by a process of exclusion as there are a number of others conditions which share the same symptom~spectrum as FM.

I can't comment on whether what you experience may be due to Bipolar disorder as I have no personal experience of the condition I'm afraid. I know that depression, which I have, can give rise to physical symptoms and problems, some of which can be very similar to those of FM, but I wouldn't know how to differentiate between which condition may be causing symptoms at any time as, for me, there doesn't seem to be any difference between FM flaring up and/or my mood lowering and their effects on my symptoms.

Hopefully it won't be too long before you start moving forwards and getting some definite answers about what is at the root of your symptoms and issues. In the meantime, maybe have more of a looky around the boards and a read of some of the topics and posts as they are full of all sorts of info and advice that could prove helpful to you :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello