Introduce myself

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Introduce myself

Postby penelopepitstop » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Hello to everyone, my name is Penny and I have been suffering with fibromyalgia since 2000. When I was diagnosed with it by a consultant he just told me what I had and gave me some tablets and said if it gets worse to get back to him. I was left feeling very lost as to what I would have to do. Luckily I didn't have much pain or other symptoms while on the tablets, so I jogged along for years being ok. But in 2012 I had trouble with a continuous upset tummy, and after tests was diagnosed with microscopic colitis, due to taking too many anti inflammatory tablets. So I had to try different meds, hum... what ones, so the consultant that I saw put me on Tramadol. Not sure that was a good move, as have heard lots of bad things about them. Then around April last year I started getting lots of different symptoms like ones you all have been talking about ... wobbly legs, weak knees, jerking legs with restless legs, headaches, extreme tiredness, and other things as well. I am not usually one to complain about what I have wrong as nobody can see these things, so I just get on with it. I found your site about three months ago and was amazed that I was not the only one with so many symptoms, I don't feel alone, so I decided to join and have discussions with you all. Well going back to my tablets I saw my doctor who eventually after lots of appointments with her decided to sent me back to see the rheumy consultant, who confirmed it was still fibromyalgia and that I am on the wrong meds, so I am trying to come off the Tramadol and increasing the Amatriptoline, sorry can't spell it. I was wondering if any of you have been on these meds and what you thought, I feel ok at the moment but it's early days.
Sorry about the essay I have written, when I started I couldn't stop. I would love to hear from anyone xx
penelopepitstop
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello