[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Have I really got this?????

Have I really got this?????

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Have I really got this?????

Postby Acei » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:58 pm

It does sound as though they haven't done a good job eliminating all the other obvious stuff. Despite the pain, inflammation markers aren't normally present in Fibro from what I've read.
Acei
UKFM Member

Postby caramia » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:58 pm

caramia
UKFM Member

Postby caramia » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:04 pm

caramia
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:06 pm

carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Minniemum » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:02 pm

To be fair it would be hard for anyone with FMS say for sure that you have the condition, even all the varieties of medical professionals can't agree on the definition. It's not easy when you realise that you have a chronic health condition, that in many ways changes your life and it must be common for many to go through stages of denial and grief when first given their diagnosis.

I hope your visit to the rhumatologist is positive and you get some answers, write your questions down, because if 'fibro-fog' hits you, it'll be then, best to go with a close friend who can take notes of the answers.

The only good thing for me was getting a diagnosis at all, I couldn't understand why my brain was jelly, my energy was zero, my ability to and pick up recover from infections took so much longer. I'd got used to living with a degree of pain over the years, later finding out that I had advanced osteoarthritis of the cervical spine, wow!! No one ever thought to check it out before.

When I think about it now, I think fibro hit me during pregancy when I was 29, I then went into some sort of remission for years but stress at work years later brought it back to the fore.

I'm blessed to have a supportive husband and that I'm now retired. I really hope that you find ways to cope, whatever your diagnosis is.
Minniemum
UKFM Member

Postby sylviahughes » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:04 pm

hello sorry to read about your pain but i know how you are feeling i have had this since my back op and its been down hill since ,I have given up work .i rely on my husband as you cant claim if you partner works ,I do find that really hard they would continue to pay my stamp but to be put through court disability claims and being refused even when i had doctors /consultant letters posted to them .
I gave up as my husband and i couldn't be put through all this time and time again .my doctors and consultants were amazed but that's the Government for you ,I HAVE WORKED ALL MY LIFE and to be treated like that is............
anyway i do hope you are coping like lots of us we are struggling to understand this chronic illness /pain
Doctors just hand out tablets and send you on your way .
I have seen the consultants had blood tests which con firm this pain but still find it hard who is there to help us if they dont know how the hell are we meant to and we are the ones living this pain.
keep strong i to get really bad day's but i then just rest do what i can but then i have no children at home husband works away .
but when your on your own its hard !!!!!
sylvia
sylviahughes
UKFM Newbie

Postby Fairytaz » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:19 am

Hi there, just a quick reply. When I was diagnosed, I was in denial for sometime, it's kind of a relief but you still end up thinking "nahhh" . I can totally empathise. Although, it does seem you have fibro symptoms. Take care :)
Fairytaz
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello