Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby MarieOT » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:43 pm

Hi

My name is Marie and I am an experienced Occupational Therapist with a special interest in Fibromyalgia and just wondering if I can offer any help to the group.

I run long term condition management groups which are largely CBT based and look at learning to manage fatigue, stress, pain, sleep etc. I also carry out holistic OT assessments and offer help and advice on mobility and activities of daily living as well as services and resources that might be useful, I've helped quite a few of my clients to get their PIP award.

I do work full time and have a young family so I don't have a lot of spare time but it frustrates me how little support and understanding still exists within health and social care especially when I know what can be done to help?

I don't profess to be an expert or to have all the answers, but :roll: If anyone feels I could offer anything on here then please let me know

Marie xx
MarieOT
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby Lisalou » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:10 am

Very kind Marie thank you. Where abouts are you in the country? Xx
Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby MarieOT » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:18 am

I'm in the North East of Scotland xx
MarieOT
UKFM Newbie

Postby Shakenache » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:36 am

Gosh Marie, that's a very generous offer of help, lol, hang on to your hat. You may have to give up your day job to make more time!

I would be really grateful for any advice on coping with short term memory loss, it's a biggie for me in particular, on the rare occasions when I sleep enough to dream I usually dream of losing things, missing important engagements or breaking things. I think even my subconscious is worrying about it! it can make life so difficult and was the primary reason (along with all the other fibro-fog issues) that I had to give up work.

At the moment I manage it by having a 'comfort zone' of familiar territory close to home and trying to keep some kind of routine. Forays outside of the zone are planned with military precision and allowed double the time necessary, just in case I mess up. Not really an ideal solution, I joke about becoming an agrophobic with OCD but deep down I worry it might be true if I continue as I am.

Thankyou.
Shakenache
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello