Hello Fellow Sufferers

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello Fellow Sufferers

Postby robmac » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:51 am

After spending 10 years on my career I suddenly found that I has no gas in my tank and every joint ache. So 4 years ago I had to give up work after being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have spent the last 3 years in denial ( it does not help when your friends and family keep saying " well you look okay " ). My wife made the decision to go back to work as a teacher as there was a real danger of us loosing the house etc. I am 46 and have tried every trick in the book to help the fatigue and pain but nothing really helps. The Dr is okay but only prescribes anti-depressants which do help as I just seem to walk from one room to the other like a zombie.

I think i had the flu 4 years ago ( or a man cold ), and the fatigue never left me. I now look for people with colds hoping to catch it so I can reverse the fibromyalgia :) - Okay that bit seems a bit mad but thats how I feel.

I try to do a bit of work or exercise but then I spend the next 3 days in bed getting over any physical exertion.

I could go on an on but will stop there :P
robmac
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello Fellow Sufferers

Postby madchickenlady » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:24 pm

Hi , I know just how you feel and you have come to the right place for support or a moan etc, I joined a couple of weeks ago and have had lots of advice since then, have you asked your gp if there is a pain managment clinic in your area because they often run courses in the management of Fibro, they teach you how to pace yourself so you don't do too much at once and then end up in bed, also try your local library for books I have just read a book called Managing Fibromyalgia Through Gentle Movement by Stacey L Bigelow and its full of really good advice on how to manage your symptoms :-)
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Re: Hello Fellow Sufferers

Postby denys » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:23 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello