just saying hi ! never used a forum!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

just saying hi ! never used a forum!

Postby kerryann » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Where to start! I would normally talk things through with my mam but she was diagnosed with melanoma last December and we've spent the last year helping her to get better so icant dump my problems on her, so I guess that's why im on here.
I was diagnosed with fibro just over two years ago , after suffering several years of unexplained pain, tiredness , stiffness, lack of sleep, eating problems(food getting stuck in throat)and ibs symtoms, I'd had an accident and after mri scans and several rheumatologist/orthopedic appointments , ive been told I have facet joint athropy l3/l4 l4/l5 also hypermobility of the joints, arthritis in wrists hands and spine and several other places . I've been prescribed naproxen and lansaprol also pregabalin but im unable to take that as It makes me very ,to coin a phrase spaced out , and my son is autistic so I have to be there for him. I do use the naproxen when I really cant bare it any more but hate it. well the last few months I have numbness in my ring finger and the fingers either side no strength im just doing light exercises to keep my back mobile now as I cant hold any weights and ikeep dropping and breaking things, my doctor says he thinks its ulnar nerve entrapment , the consultant is organising tests to see the course of action, but as I left he said ' it could also be your fibro!.....so now im confused and scared,i had just resigned myself to having surgery to get rid of the pain and numbness and now it could be here perminantly....im starting to think they are blaming everything on fibro, my memory lapses, sleepless nights,clicking joints even... all of these symtoms cant be because of fibromyalgia can they? I was diagnosed but never given anything to read up on, and ive been denying it for last year ,till I had a full blown flareup doc said and ended up ill in march.
sorry this is like 'war and peace' but my head hurts thinking im doing something wrong to cause all this pain, even to hear ' yes they are symtoms' would help... it just seams like a never ending list.
kerryann
UKFM Newbie

Re: just saying hi ! never used a forum!

Postby madchickenlady » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi ,sorry to hear you are having so many problems, hopefully the tests will give you some answers, what I would say is just be very careful that your gp doesn't just put everything down to Fibro because it can mimic a lot of things, they should only be presuming its Fibro related if they have done all the tests they can and they have all come back within normal range
I have been having a similar problem lately, when I lie on my back which is the only position I can really sleep in I wake up with numb little, ring and middle finger on my right hand side, I haven't spoken to my gp about it yet but I do know I had this before years ago and it was related to a trapped nerve in my neck

Hope you get some answers soon, this place is pretty good for good info and friendly people so if you have any questions just ask and someone will usually be able to answer :-)
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:23 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby kerryann » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:26 am

Thanks ,mad chicken lady' ive had nerve conductivity tests done and the nerve is trapped in my neck/shoulder so back to physio , but at least i know why its happening .Im starting to come to terms with all my diagnosies now thanks to some reading material i bought and reading everyone else on here , i dont feel like im imagining the pains and discomforts now ,thanks again .
kerryann
UKFM Newbie

Postby madchickenlady » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi again, I'm glad to see you have got some answers, these boards are good for info and the main site has lots of info as well, also check your local library for books, I bought a few from Amazon and found them quite helpful :-D
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello