Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby taraloum » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:34 am

Hi,
My name is Tara and I haven't been given a official diagnosis of FM yet as my doctor wants me to have a B12 blood test and a ultrasound first, she said she wants to make sure it can't possibly be anything else first but many of my symptoms are the symptoms associated with FM such as the fatigue, no matter how early I go to bed I always wake up feeling like I have only slept for a hour or three, the pain in my shoulders, back and knees, I have it in other places aswell but it is always in those places, I get pain in my hands, recently started having shooting pain through my feet, in my legs. I often forget the next word that I am going to say and have forgotten about food in the oven in the last few weeks. I have to pee every 20 minutes and also get a shooting pain in my groin area. When I wake in the mornings my arms and legs feel like I have been sleeping on the floor,
I regularly get headaches and this has been getting worse lately.

I go to college at the minute but have had to have quite a few days off due to the pain and not waking when my alarm goes off.

My interests are writing stories and poetry, reading, watching t.v and films, making cards, cooking (as and when I can)

I live in Wales and would love to find people with FM near me to possibly meet up with
taraloum
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby denys » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:17 am

Hi Tara and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby taraloum » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:10 pm

Thanks.
I have only been on this site since last night but am grateful for the help I've got from people on here already and am grateful that I am being allowed to post seeing as I haven't got a diagnosis of FM yet :-D
taraloum
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:38 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all Tara :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Whenever someone joins our FibroFamily, no matter where they are in their journey, we try to offer them as much support and understanding as we can as, wherever they are along the road, some of us will have been at a similar point along the way and may have some advice or suggestions that could help make things a little easier to deal with.

It sounds like your doc is being thorough before saying that it's definitely FM, which is what you want {and need} with a possible condition involving so many potential symptoms. Hopefully it won't be too long before you do get a definite answer :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Wrt college, have you spoken to your Student Disability Adviser~type person about the problems you are having?? If not, it might be something to consider doing as there are ways in which they may be able to help studying a little more manageable for you, such as extensions for assignments, access to additional equipment etc.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello