Fibro and HMS

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro and HMS

Postby Loulou82 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:30 pm

Hey all, I was diagnosed with Hypermobility Syndrome 13 years ago. Since then I've had so many different appointments i've lost track that really didn't help at all. However after seeing a new GP and being referred to a different Rheumatology Consultant i've now also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. apparently have 18 points. Anyone else suffer both? if so what's your advice on dealing with them? I also have pretty bad allodynia and at the moment i'm struggling with it, waiting for more appointmemts but thought i'd have a look on here in the hope I could get some advice :)
Loulou82
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibro and HMS

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi & :welcome:

My physio says that both conditions are heavily linked together although i dont have hypermobility but many others do. You can also search for information on this forum if you put in Hypermobility in the search bar just above the page
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Where to Say Hello