working myself up into hysteria

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

working myself up into hysteria

Postby annettecurtain » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi everyone,
Firstly let me say I hope everyone is having as good a day as possible.

I'm in a terrible state. I don't know if I have FM, but I'm sure convincing myself that I do.

My pain started about 3 months ago. It wasn't a pain as such, it was in my knee and it felt like my knee was going to snap and i was going to fall forwards. I went to my GP who said i had damaged the tendon and to rest. Well things got so bad! My other knee started playing up and both became so sore that i can now barely walk. It feels like the kneecaps are locked. I can't sit on anything too low as i can't get up. I have to hover pee over the loo!

I haven't been to work for 6 weeks. Since I've been off things have went from bad to worse. Just to give you a bit of background...I'm morbidly obese, always have been. This year I made huge changes joined the gym, changed my eating habits and lost 6 stone. Anyway back to my knees(sorry) in bed because I couldn't really move my body I was using my arms and tensing my neck. I was also using my arms to push myself out of chairs and to pull me upstairs. I am now in a situation where I can't lift my arms i can't brush my hair or anything. I get terrible pain in my shoulders and upper arms.

Another thing has since happened. My feet and ankles have swollen so much with water that I can't even get shoes near me. The same thing has happened to my wrists, hands, and fingers. It's now at the point that I can't do anything for myself. Even get dressed. It's just awful.

My GP sent away lots of blood which came back with vit b12 deficiency, a severe lack of protein in my blood, and lots of inflammation. She seems to think that it's rhumetoid arthritis. I'm seeing the rhumetologist tomorrow.

I've googled like mad and it keeps coming up with FM. I'm so sorry to everyone here, you are my heroes because I could not cope with the symptoms that you guys have. The constant pain is what i am most afraid of. I'm on tramadol, ibuprofen and cocodamol at the moment but it's not really helping. Since this started i have real trouble sleeping, i wake every 1.5 hours to pee. I don't pee at all during the day, every night I pee 5 times. That too is new.

I'm sorry this is such a jumbled up post, its the tramadol I think. I don't experience the brain fog, the pain is localised to my knees and arms and shoulders. It's a sharp ache in my shoulders and knees but That's all. I only get the pain when I'm up and walking when I'm sitting I don't have any pain. I also have tiny like twitches in one calf when I'm in bed.

I am desperately looking for some advice. Do my symptoms sound like the onset of FM? I really am in such a panic about it. Please someone read this and help me. I'm sorry to be demanding, I'm not normally I'm just so scared.

On a side note, I volunteer at a money advice centre and I know the Dwp like the back of my hand so if anyone needs any help at all with any benefits please let me know, i can talk through things with you.

Thank you for getting this far.
annettecurtain
UKFM Newbie

Re: working myself up into hysteria

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Hello :welcome:

Firstly well done on shifting 6st, thats determination and hard work!!

As for the onset of fibro, Im not sure.

I understand that vit b12 deficiency causes symptoms that are similar to fibro and a few other disorders/diseases. Are you being treated for this deficiency?
I also got told the other day that certain vitamin/mineral deficiencies can cause swelling of body parts so it could all be tied in with that.... having said this, I dont know much about rheumatoid arthritis and Im sure someone more knowledgable will be able to advise on that but the inflammatory markers seem to be a good indicator for RA.

You will definitely be seeing the right person to diagnose either RA or fibro!

The medication might be causing sleep problems as could pain levels.

Not going to the toilet throughout the day is a new one to me :-D

Like I said your rheumy will be able to give you a diagnosis and any changes in medication that might be needed, either of these conditions, i believe CAN be managed with the correct help so its not necessarily the end of the world and everybody's condition here varies so greatly that you could take a story like mine and another person with milder symptoms and wonder how it could be the same condition!

Good luck with tomorrows appointment and be sure to let us know how you get on and most of all try not to worry, easier said than done I know x
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby annettecurtain » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:52 pm

Thank you for your reply Lisa.

I have been reading the board for the past few days, the experiences are just horrific! I must admit that before this, although I was aware of FM I had no idea of the impact it has on the lives of those with it. I cannot believe that research into isn't a top priority?? No matter what my outcome is I will certainly channel some energy into raising awareness.

I haven't had any treatment for the deficiency yet. My GP seems to think the rhumetologist will see to that. I'm just in the worst panic. I'm pretty much on my own, no family or partner so if I was to have something like this I would have no one to care for me! This is the first time I have felt like I need someone! I'm a happy lone ranger normally, lol. It's so scary what can happen to the body.

I hope you're well.
annettecurtain
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi & :welcome:

Again :welldone: on loosing all that weight! :clap:

annettecurtain wrote: lots of inflammation. She seems to think that it's rhumetoid arthritis. I'm seeing the rhumetologist tomorrow.

Fibromyalgia is not an inflammatory condition. I believe your GP may just be right.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby annettecurtain » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:10 pm

Oh I'm sorry Lisa, I meant to thank you for your kind words!

Losing it was actually easy once I stopped thinking of myself on a diet. All my life I tried every fad diet going, but when I decided that I needed to eat to live as opposed to live to eat it fell into place. The gym was great too. I really hope I can get back on track. It's amazing, it only took me 33 years lol! Xxx
annettecurtain
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Think you may have got confused there :lol: Im another Lisa :lol: easily done :lol: or am i the one getting confused :crazy: :lol: :lol:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby annettecurtain » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Oh jeezo, I'm busy saying I don't have brain fog! (I really don't! )

Sorry Lisas! Thank you both for your kind words!

Xxx
annettecurtain
UKFM Newbie

Postby annettecurtain » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:48 pm

Good evening everyone,

Just a quick update...seen the rheumatologist today and I have rheumatoid arthritis. Not the best news but not the worst. I got a steroid injection in my bum so hopefully that helps soon.

I hope you're all having an easy day.

Xxx
annettecurtain
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello