Hi all, I'm Pete

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi all, I'm Pete

Postby PMKing » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:31 pm

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 1997 after many years of chronic pain, muscle issues and other connected issues when my then GP put all the pieces together.
I also suffer from arthritis everywhere, Type 2 Diabetes, Asthma and have a peculiar blind spot in my left eye that only shows up in a Dicon Field Test.
I live with levels of pain that electro studies cannot ascertain where the body can differentiate what is and what isn't there, a shocking demonstration of how that works was in 1992 when I caught my shin with a sledge hammer and never knew it. Since then I have to take great care for obvious reasons.
Drs and Consultants prescribe Gabapentin, Baclofen and Morphine backed up when needed with Oxycodone (Oxynorm), the combined might (!) does not seem to have much effect other to take the edge off the pain. I was on Amitryptilene a few years back and had a bad reaction to it so didn't continue.
Oxynorm was prescribed by neurologist for a specific headache that occurs high on the left hand side.
I function on an hour by hour often minute by minute helped in considerable quantity by My Good Lady who has been with me for 31 years now.
Regards. Pete.
PMKing
UKFM Member

Re: Hi all, I'm Pete

Postby scottydog » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:47 pm

:welcome:

Hi Pete, welcome and thank you for sharing your story. It must be a difficult life for you and a real balancing act?

I am a newbie on here and have found the site very helpful. I have had a good lookie around and managed (this week) to start an activity diary to gain some control over life.

I too have a hubby/partner and would be lost without his support. I certainly wouldn't eat so well :lol:

I am trying out pregablin, Amitriptyline, co codamol and morphine patches for the fibro and shoulder problems ( prior to diagnosis). Helping somewhat and having a review in a couple of weeks.

The search function is very handy (top right) just enter a word eg coping\pacing and you will get a list of useful posts. It certainly helped me with the side effects of the pregabalin when I was first diagnosed. Happy searching and I hope you find the forum useful!

:-D
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby PMKing » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks for info Scottydog, and yes life is a very difficult balancing act.
I have discovered I'm a rare case, no-one seems to understand me!!! :yikes:
PMKing
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi Pete and :welcome: I seem to have missed your post so sorry for not saying hi earlier :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello