Hello :) new here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello :) new here

Postby Fairytaz » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi everyone

My name is Tanya, 25 years old and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2007 and hypermobility syndrome in approx 2011. Also have Asperger's syndrome :)

The symptoms that affect me most are back cracking, memory problems, fibro fog, knee problems, pain and chronic fatigue

My mother also has these plus many other connected conditions, mostly linked to fibromyalgia. She used to volunteer for the Herefordshire fibromyalgia helpline.

I have come here as I've decided to stop ignoring these conditions and being in denial. These conditions have started to affect me to quite a degree and can no longer be ignored. I would live to help others with anything I can and will possibly also need some support.

I'm quite a positive person and will always look on the bright side (hence my defiance of the conditions)
Fairytaz
UKFM Member

Re: Hello :) new here

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:55 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Tanya :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You'll find lots of support and understanding on here, as well as advice and even a little :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Being in denial about your problems and conditions is part of the process of living with FM. We each go thru our own stage, and once thru it, things do start to make a little more sense. With you deciding to make the first step where your conditions are concerned and break away from the denial stage, you're starting to head towards somewhere a little lighter and brighter than where you have been for a good while.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Fairytaz » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:13 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome :) i hope some improvements can be made, I have seemed to have gotten myself into a life style which really isn't good for the condition and hope this can be changed for the better :)
Fairytaz
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:26 pm

With what you have said, it seems very much like you've reached the right point for starting on this next stage of your FibroQuest. It may take some time, and involve a bit of a bumpy journey as you try different things to find what is best for you, but it is possible to find ways to improve things so that you can live with FM rather than battling against it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Fairytaz » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:01 am

FluppyPuffy wrote:it is possible to find ways to improve things so that you can live with FM rather than battling against it.

That quote describes my quest completely :) thanks for all your support so far in the other forum post :)

I have to be honest, I've somewhat misjudged forums like this, well back when I was in denial and thought I was dealing with it. You guys are actually really positive people and take steps to improve your symptoms. I do apologise for that and thanks again x
Fairytaz
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello