Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Duirra » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Hello,
I'm new to the site. I was diagnosed with fibro fifteen years ago when I was fourteen. I have been on the guaifenesin protocol since I was seventeen. I moved to Scotland this June from the United States. I felt it might be time to peek in on the UK Fibro community and perhaps hear about all the latest research and things people have tried. Maybe just get a few toes wet in peeking out of my shell.
So, hello there fibro folks! :D
Duirra
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi Duirra,

Welcome to the forum. Wow you were young when diagnosed :(

Your toes will get wet in Scotland ;-)

What is the guaifenesin protocol?
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:43 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Duirra :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

The Guaifenesin Protocol doesn't get many mentions on here, so altho it is known about, the actual details can be a little sketchy. Info about its effectiveness seems to be somewhat mixed, so hearing about someone's experiences could be helpful for anyone asking about it.

Hopefully you'll find our little FibroFamily supportive and understanding, and for dipping your toes in, we try and keep the water at a nice warm temperature. For drying your toes off, fluffy towels are on the radiator, so they're all nice and warm and cuddly. We like to have a bit of a :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at times too, along with a :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Have a looky and a read around the boards as you find your way around the place. And anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try and point you in the direction of a helpful answer :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Duirra » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:39 pm

Thanks for the welcomes! Zia, the Guaifenesin protocol is a medication that should (in theory) put a person's fibro into full remission. With it come certain restrictions that can block the effectiveness of the medication. It was devised by a doctor in Los Angeles is he published a book call What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia. Fluppy, thank you for the fluffy towels. Those are always helpful. :D
Duirra
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello