Hello im laura and new to this forum!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello im laura and new to this forum!

Postby ljm1990 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Hello :), ill introduce myself! Im laura, im 24 years old and have been suffering from undignosed illness for 6 years. I have been back and fore to my doctors that long! I finally got a good doctor who dignosed me with fibromyalagia anf reffered me to a rhumtologist urgently. I had my first appointment in may, 6 months on nothing. No pain medication or anything and have been left in pain. I joined to learn more and what other people experinces! Hope to meet some nice people on the way :)
ljm1990
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello im laura and new to this forum!

Postby Helhit » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi Laura good to meet you.

If you are in pain you should be given something to help. I think you need to be asking your doc for help, as there are def meds that you can take to ease the pain.

So far everyone's been lovely to me on this forum and I'm sure it'll be the same for you.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi & :welcome:

If you saw the Rheumi in May then your own GP should have a copy letter explaining diagnoses and any pain medication plan. I would see your GP for help.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby ljm1990 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:52 pm

ty both :), Lisa: my gp said nothing and when i asked they said they dont deal with rhumi :/ phoned hospital and nhs appointment line and all im constantly told is im on the waiting list :( i found i was pregnant 2 months ago (im now 18 weeks) amd the pain.is unbearable, but docs said paractomal is all i can take, its fustrating :(
ljm1990
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello