how do you all cope??

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

how do you all cope??

Postby sammilou2012 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi all, my names Sam and I'm 22. I've recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia after years of pain. I am a single mother to a very energetic 2 year old boy and although he goes to nursery 3 times a week 5 hours a time, I sometimes feel its all a bit much. I cant take many painkillers during the day with the fear they will space me out and along with my illness my son is quite poorly too. He suffers multiple chest infections (Asthma) and many hospital trips meaning if he needs me to get him somewhere some medication I can not drive with. Please tell me it gets better in a way that i feel I am in control??

Sorry very long post just had to get it out there. Any advice is welcome! :) thank you for reading. ♡ look forward to hearing from fellow sufferers who actually understand what im going through! :)
sammilou2012
UKFM Newbie

Re: how do you all cope??

Postby whoami » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:59 pm

Sam, I can understand why you are feeling overwhelmed. You not only are dealing with your own illness but also a child who is ill.

I can only refer to my story as we are all different and fibro treats us all differently. I have been diagnosed over 25 years. I can say things can get better. They can because you will learn how to read your body.

You will learn how to respect what you can do and you will learn to adjust to it. With time things will become the norm and as you learn to pace yourself and get into a routine you will feel better.

Now, I am not saying that your symptoms will disappear or you will be suddenly cured. You will still have flares, down times but you can help prevent flares by listening to your body. When it tells you stop or it has had enough, "Listen".

I go through times when I feel guilty being home. Those are the times I feel almost perfect but do something that starts things off again...the guilt disappears fast, LOL

Work with your Dr. Try things such as physio, exercise and various other treatments, including medications. Respect yourself first.

I hope you get all the support and help you need. Just remember...you are not fibromyalgia and fibromyalgia does not define you! X
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: how do you all cope??

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:20 pm

I don't know if it will get better or worse for you as we are all affected differently x I have a lot of good days since I started my meds. I have a few days of flare ups a month but I generally try to make myself move as much as possible as this helps sort the soreness and stiffness out. I also recently started using a heat under blanket to ease my muscles at night. I do exercise and actually planning in getting into a regular routine with it.I want to be as healthy as possible and look after my body. This is my bit of control. There will be a day where I will say, ok fibro, you win today but I am back tomorrow! I do fight it, although some disagree with this, but I'm a natural fighter. I'm very stubborn :lol:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello