Just diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just diagnosed

Postby maddy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:44 am

Hi all. I was diagnosed on Monday of this week, and although it was a shock, I guess I have had this for a few years. It seems to have got worse since I had a fall in February and injured my back as well as breaking a bone in my foot. But I am looking for people to talk to about it, as no support groups near enough to me. I live in Sutton on Sea, in Lincolnshire. Can anyone help, please? :(
maddy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Just diagnosed

Postby Diane64 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:20 am

Hi there,

Sometimes it comes as no surprise when get the diagnosis of fibro, but also for some its like a grieving process, tearful, anxious and wondering what the future might hold, then just trying to make the best of a bad job.

You wont get "chatting" on here but there is people that will support you with moans, groans, questions, empathise and hopefully have a chuckle at times.

You can go on the facebook site too.

Hope you are having a good (ish) day.

Di.x
Diane64
UKFM Member

Re: Just diagnosed

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi Maddy,

Welcome. If you google "Lincolnshire Fibromyalgia" there is a FB page and a local support group. There's also a section of the forum with people posting about their groups that you might want to look at.

I also got diagnosed a few weeks ago and am still coming to terms with it. This forum has been great, so have a read through some posts and get posting yourself - you will find people lovely and supportive on here :)
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello