Newly diagnosed & sad

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly diagnosed & sad

Postby alexiss » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:17 pm

I just wanted to chat with other sufferers as although I knew that something wasn't right I wasn't prepared to be diagnosed with fibromyalgia!
alexiss
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newly diagnosed & sad

Postby Kh83 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:36 pm

Don't be sad. I won't lie, it's not a nice condition but there are things to help. Remember it's not a progressive disease and you can learn to manage it.

I'm only newly diagnosed but have suspected it for 5 years or so. Even though I was prepared for the diagnosis it's still a shock. But I've now made myself put coping strategies in place. I actually find it easier now because I know there is nothing more serious wrong.

How are you being treated? How are you feeling?
Kh83
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby alexiss » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Thankyou for your reply kh83, its much appreciated. From what i gather the pain clinic doctor is writing to my gp with medication plans, what i neef to try and come off and what i need to behin. Hed also referring me to see a phychiatrist, i think!!? Not entirely sure how that will help. He also would like me to go to an inpatient programme in london next spring, your in during the week and home at the weekend for between 4 to 6 weeks. Ive asked about hydrotherapy but he said that im not well enough at the moment. I havent been having a very good patch since sunday, am in lots of pain, not sleeping to well and am feeling pretty low. How r u feeling at present.
alexiss
UKFM Newbie

Postby Kh83 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:56 am

I am coping at the minute. Had a bad couple of days due to increased stress, but tried to have a relaxing day yesterday which seemed to help. Waiting to start some new medication, but have to wait for the rheumatologist to write to my GP before I can start taking them. Even then she said they would take 6 weeks to work. Just keep going. Do us on the good things in your life. If things are dragging you down then sort them out or get rid of them. Harsh I know but you have to look after yourself x
Kh83
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello