Just diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just diagnosed

Postby queenbee » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago, after numerous visits to the doctors in several years. Was sent for blood tests, x-rays, scans, all of which came back ok. Have been prescribed amiltriptyline, a very low dose to start with but already feel it may have to be increased.

Anyway, I have 2 questions,
firstly, I am also experiencing a burning feeling, like bad sunburn, on one foot and the heel of one hand. Does anybody else get this type of pain?

Also I have found that 90% of my other pain, (apart from the headaches and backaches) is in the left hand side of my body. Is this usual for fms sufferers?

I also suffer from the dreaded fibrofog I have read about. Sometimes it feels as though my brain is full of cobwebs. Trying to think straight or even get out a sentence is hard work. Even writing this is taking ages.

My lovely husband is being very understanding and sympathetic, but I really try not to complain too much as I feel I am appearing to be a hypochondriac.

Thanks for listening,

Linn
Where would the world be without bees.
queenbee
UKFM Newbie

Re: Just diagnosed

Postby denys » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum in answer to your first question this has come up before and so I would say its something lots of people have mentioned

FM is experienced in all 4 quadrants of the body but again a number of members have said they feel that one side is more dominant (pain wise) than the other, we all experience FM differently and so there is no one answer fits all
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby queenbee » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:03 pm

Thanks for the reply. At least I know now.
Where would the world be without bees.
queenbee
UKFM Newbie

Postby bekindtoyou » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi Linn thought I'd let u know know that my fibro is mostly left-sided. I was diagnosed about 2 1/2 years ago now. My body went into meltdown all at once. I was very ill for about two years. I have migraine and weakness in my left side. I just wanted to acknowledge to you that mine is left-sided, because I know when I was first diagnosed I was sure that I had had a stroke or they had got it wrong.

I also take amitriptyline I have found my best dosage as 40 mg. I have found amitriptyline to be very helpful.

Over the last few months I have got much stronger and found a way of managing my symptoms. I know that concentration on any one subject triggers my symptoms. I cook less complicated meals. Anything I try to do creative I do in short bursts.

I'm not always successful, at limiting myself, but I try not to get cross with myself.

I have found vitamin D and magnesium supplements to be helpful.

The fibro fog is a diificult one also isn't it.

I use voice activated software on my phone to do emails so I don't have to concentrate hard. I listen to audiobooks as reading makes me very tired.

Lots of little things like this can add up to quite big results. :))

I get very sensitive skin, like it is very sore whether this is the same as you I'm not sure? It's like my tissue in my skin is sensitive.

Hope you find this reassuring and helpful as I did when people answered me at the beginning take care xx
bekindtoyou
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello