Getting Diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Getting Diagnosed

Postby rotherhamuk » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:10 am

Good morning everyone

This question has prob already been asked but how do I get my GP to diagnose FM? I had a car accident in 2011 started with whiplash and pain in my back around the ribs to the left of my spine after 6 month the pain in my back was still there.

I had x-rays on my back all ok. Blood tests came back with mild vitamin D deficiency ( but was working nights on security for 6 years this is generally normal in security night workers).

My GP has sent me to physio 3 times, 2 pain management units of which was given a diagnosis of chronic musculoskeletal pain my GP agreed. A friend of mine is a Rheumatologist and told me sounds like FM as i have a number of the common symptoms.

I am currently on Co-Codamol 30/500, Baclofen 10mg, and i have some tramadol 200mg. but been taken off them ( supposed to be responsible for unexplained deaths).

any help and advice would be appreciated.

thanks
rotherhamuk
UKFM Newbie

Re: Getting Diagnosed

Postby denys » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:21 pm

Go and see your GP and explain that you think you have many of the common symptoms of FM and just ask if they think its possible that that is what you are suffering from

If they ask why you are thinking FM is a possibility then explain about your friend and that after it was mentioned you have looked it up and it seems to be a good fit

:welcome: to the forum :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello