Hello and need some advice.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello and need some advice.

Postby x0xREPOx0x » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:17 pm

Hello,

I am new to this group but not new to the condition. I am 28 and have had this condition for a number of years, we think it has been passed down from my mum as she has it to. Over the past year its slowly been getting a little worse to a point now were I am finding it hard to work and have today had to give my job up. The Doctors were no help when I went to talk to them wanting to change my ante depressants but after finding one that works I was very worried about changing it so asked to stay on it. With that the Dr said all I can give you is Amitripyline, I have found this drug not to do much for me other then help me sleep a little.

Now that I cant work due to the pain as all the jobs that I have done in the past were manual labor, lifting, pulling a kitchen apart to clean and door supervisor I have no experience in getting a job that is slow and sitting. So I dont know now what to do about money. My partner does work but all of her wage is going on bills and its a very tight budget. A few people have said to try for ESA or PIP but my mum was refused them and she has other problems like arthirtes and just had her hip replaced and she got nothing after someone came out and said she was fine and could look after herself. I am afraid this will also happen to me and I will get nothing and once again be forced back in to work were it takes me two to three days to recover after one shift.

I dont know if anyone has gone through the same thing as me or going through it but I really need a bit of advice on what next to do.

Thank you
Rachael.
x0xREPOx0x
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello and need some advice.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:53 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Rachael :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear you've found yourself in the position of having to give up working due to FM :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: There are a number of members on here who have found themselves facing a similar situation, so you're not alone in facing this. Having a looky across the boards and a read of people's experiences might be of some help to you in finding/deciding what your next step might be. The DWP, Working & Benefitsboard might be somewhere to start.

Wrt to you, your partner and what you might be eligible to claim, the best thing you can do is seek advice from a support organisation, such as Citizens Advice, or whoever else may be in your area. They will be able to give you advice specific to your situation, household income etc, as well as possibly provide help with the claiming process. As well as asking Mr Googley about which groups are in your area, your local council may well have info.

For info and advice relating to alternative forms/types of work, thru your local JobCentrePlus, you should be able to see a Disability Employment Adviser. They should be able to tell you if there are things such as training schemes being run to help people access new/different areas of work, what incentives and support and help there is for people in such situations to make accessing work that little bit easier. If you have a looky at the linky to the topic about the Disability Employment Adviser, it should give you a little more info than what my rather foggy brain will let me recall.

Hopefully there will be something here that will set you off in vaguely the right direction to getting some help with things. Have a looky and a read tho, as there will inevitably be things that I have forgotten about :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, I cant think of anything to add to what Flup has already said really, good luck with trying for the benefits
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby x0xREPOx0x » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:16 am

Thanks, my first steep is to get the Doctor to actuly back me with something so I have a medical profeshonal saying what I have and the problems its causes them move on to claiming something.
x0xREPOx0x
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello