Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby mamamaka » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi, I am relatively new to this site and have enjoyed reading all the information, questions and answers and comments along the way, it is frightening how some stories are so similar to mine, I am newly diagnosed but alot of things over the last few years have fallen into place since learning about this condition.
I think alot of people think that I am faking it or just being lazy but the pain is all to real :-(
I am married to the most wonderful man and have 4 kids that I adore and am so proud of, 3 dogs & a cat that I love, I work part time in a fast paced food outlet that makes me feel like I have been 10,rounds with Mike Tyson after every shift, and I'm also self employed as a gas engineer which I love, but finding some of the more fiddly work harder and harder so have to pick my jobs now.
My main points are my fingers, wrists, elbows, ankles, hips and neck, I try to get out every day and need to plan my medication carefully if I am working, otherwise I take it as directed.... I'm on 20mg oxycodone and painfully aware that coming off them will be a chore in itself but try not to think about that, naproxen, antitripyline, paracetamol and I have some tramadol for extra when the pain is particularly bad, I also take cod liver oil and multi vitamin... I'm also going to add a juice plan to my daily life to see if it helps.
I have also been advised to do hydrotherapy, and am having acupuncture on my neck every month for the time being.
Hope I have not been to boring introducing myself, look forward to hearing from you, helping and being helped, this is a brilliant forum so thank you :-D
mamamaka
UKFM Member

Re: Hi

Postby dazzleship » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:01 pm

hello welcome to here :-)

I am sure you will find lots of help and advice, this is a really helpful forum.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:32 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily mamamaka :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Please don't think your intro post is boring, it's always nice to get to know about new members and what has led to them finding us xx

Your descriptions of how you feel after working a shift and the problems you can and do experience are ones shared by a good number of us, so you are in good company on here :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything that you're wondering about or want to know, then just ask and we'll try and help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello