Hello :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello :)

Postby GizMoTo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:57 am

Been a member of the forum for a while and thought it was time to at least make a post :crazy:

Name is Ian, I come from near Wigan, lost count of how long I been stuck with Fibro but it's been a long long time :-?

I always visit the forum when I have a flair up reading some of the posts of others with the same problem makes dealing with it a tad easier ;-)

At the moment on top of the Fibro I'm also having over-active Thyroid problems :roll: and last week went for an X-ray on my right shoulder as my GP seems to think the added pain I'm having there at the moment {even my Morphine cant overcome it} is something other than the Fibro, may be a frozen shoulder but had the X-ray to rule out anything else :roll:

Anyway that's me :shock: ;-)

ps If there anybody else from the Wigan area may be good to maybe get in touch and make friends with somebody who REALY knows what it's all about.
Talking of friends, was amazing just how quick they disappeared once I got diagnosed and couldn't do stuff for them any more
GizMoTo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello :)

Postby GizMoTo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:13 am

I'll say hello if nobody else will :( I'm good at talking to my self :-?

Never mind will try somewhere else.
GizMoTo
UKFM Newbie

Postby ixel-chick » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:17 am

Awwww - don't go!

Hello there!!! You posted before I signed up, so I'm afraid I never noticed your post - otherwise I would have said hello. Don't worry, there was no welcome committee for me either. :-D My first post still stand all by it's lonesome (I was hoping for some replies regarding the tabs I'm taking, but at the least I was expecting an "sorry, know nothing about them - but welcome to the forum").

Big welcome to you Ian!
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Hi Ian,

I'm sorry you didn't get a reply.

I think most people don't go into the "hello" forum at all, and I know I am very infrequent. Also, don't forget we all have fibro so are very *can't think of word due to fog!* irregular on the forum, I know I post every few days and it's hard to reply to or even notice all posts if you don't come on daily.

Hope you are still around anyway, and I'm sure you'll get some more replies. You also might get more replies if you start a new thread in the support group bit of the forum with a title mentioning Wigan, as people will see it.

I agree on the friends thing by the way!

Eta: Missed ixel too - see how easy that is :oops: Ixel and all new members, if you have a specific question it is far better to post in the relevant forum as "hello" posts are so easy to miss.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:34 pm

Ian so sorry I missed your post and dont know why, I hope you are still here :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello